The Student Room Group

Frustrated... any advice?

Yesterday, I received my results and while not particuarly elated, I was more than content with them. However, I missed a grade for Economics despite my UMS adding up to a very solid B grade. Because of this, my UCAS hadn't updated and none of my Uni's gave me an answer. I asked both my Uni's to release me so I could seek a place through clearing as I was made verbal offers from 3 different Uni's. While that took a little while to do, I was happy to go to SOAS through clearing. However, because my College still hasn't updated my results on UCAS, SOAS gave me a provisional offer pending on me proving my grades through my certificates. I sent them my results from yesterday and I referred to them on UCAS. However, I called them today and they're yet to verify my grades and said a decision should be made by the end of next week. Surely this is too long of a wait? I'm pretty frustrated right now, particularly at my College who have told me 'they're working on it' for a day and a half now!
best bet is to speak to your college or go in person to speed things up. Its clearing and course may get full quickly but try to remain calm
I'd keep pestering them. (SOAS and your college) *This is not the time to be shy. *You can be polite but persistent. *Don't be afraid to ask for a senior member of staff. * Have you at least got a print out of your module grades to demonstrate that you are not making it up.*

Has SOAS told you how long they will hold your offer?

*Good luck. *
Reply 3
Original post by janeyjaney
I'd keep pestering them. (SOAS and your college) *This is not the time to be shy. *You can be polite but persistent. *Don't be afraid to ask for a senior member of staff. * Have you at least got a print out of your module grades to demonstrate that you are not making it up.*

Has SOAS told you how long they will hold your offer?

*Good luck. *

Well I've ringing them all day and they contsantly said they'd tell the exams officer and took down my name 5 or 6 times. Several of my friends from the same college have yet to have their grades offically submitted which has slowed down their applications too. I told them that it's quite embarrasing that our futures are being put on the line because they are failing to do their job.

I spoke to SOAS and they said as long as I sent the transcript of my modular grades and referred to them on UCAS, it should be fine. They said it will take time as there are so many applications. I hope it all works out but my College have really put me in a stressful position.
Original post by itisrising
Well I've ringing them all day and they contsantly said they'd tell the exams officer and took down my name 5 or 6 times. Several of my friends from the same college have yet to have their grades offically submitted which has slowed down their applications too. I told them that it's quite embarrasing that our futures are being put on the line because they are failing to do their job.

I spoke to SOAS and they said as long as I sent the transcript of my modular grades and referred to them on UCAS, it should be fine. They said it will take time as there are so many applications. I hope it all works out but my College have really put me in a stressful position.

Bombard them with emails. Get your parents to call for you, call them again keep pestering them, they can't ruin your future
Reply 5
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Bombard them with emails. Get your parents to call for you, call them again keep pestering them, they can't ruin your future

They told me they'd call me in this morning with an update and it's still not submitted. It's just frustrating that it's the weekend because I can't get in touch with them at all. All I can do is sit back, try not get stressed and hope it works out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending