The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Is Pavilion house good?

I got allocated pavilion house and was just wondering what pavilion house was like for 1st years?
Also has anyone else been allocated pavilions or anyone lived here before? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
It's a really great place to live, the BEST one out of all the accommodation! Its close to the uni (a 5 minute walk) the building is basically on campus, so it's very safe and you can literally just roll out of bed 10 minutes before a lecture begins haha. The rooms are big (double bed) and a massive desk with a comfy chair, you also have an en suite bathroom which is pretty spacious for uni accommodation. The lounge area has a big flat screen TV and a breakfast bar. It's a great place for 1st years as even though there will be 2nd years and 3rd years living there you will be put in a flat with all 1st years.
The accommodation is a 10 minute walk from Morrisons supermarket and there is McDonalds literally on your doorstep. There is also a Londis shop in the pavilions courtyard.
The only negative comments I have is that if you unfortunately get a room close by the entrance into the building of flats you will hear the drunk people coming back after a night out :frown: as the windows and walls aren't very soundproof..and also, look forward to the 3am fire alarm practices every few months that you have to get out of bed for haha!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by May1995
It's a really great place to live, the BEST one out of all the accommodation! Its close to the uni (a 5 minute walk) the building is basically on campus, so it's very safe and you can literally just roll out of bed 10 minutes before a lecture begins haha. The rooms are big (double bed) and a massive desk with a comfy chair, you also have an en suite bathroom which is pretty spacious for uni accommodation. The lounge area has a big flat screen TV and a breakfast bar. It's a great place for 1st years as even though there will be 2nd years and 3rd years living there you will be put in a flat with all 1st years.
The accommodation is a 10 minute walk from Morrisons supermarket and there is McDonalds literally on your doorstep. There is also a Londis shop in the pavilions courtyard.
The only negative comments I have is that if you unfortunately get a room close by the entrance into the building of flats you will hear the drunk people coming back after a night out :frown: as the windows and walls aren't very soundproof..and also, look forward to the 3am fire alarm practices every few months that you have to get out of bed for haha!

Thanks for your reply, from what I've heard it sounds pretty good.

Quick Reply

Latest