The Student Room Group

Predicted grade boundaries- 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Good luck with your results! Hopefully, we both do well!

Sidenote: Do we have to bring money with us for remarks? xD I've just heard off some that you have to pay and some say you don't so I'm clueless
Original post by Vyres
To be honest I would look at the grade boundaries. It can be extremely reassuring for some people, and I'd 100% recommend you take a look. As for getting given the grade boundaries, that's up to some schools. Some schools would include it in a
envelope, some will stick it to the back of your envelope and some won't give them to you at all. Some schools include a sheet that will calculate how far off you were till your next grade, I know my school does this. I'm sure on the day of your results you'll be provided with the grade boundaries some how... If not, just have your phone with you so you can look up the boundaries incase you want to enquire about a remark. Good luck with your grades on Thursday. :smile:

Thankyou very much! Okay so is the grade boundaries all we need for remarks? Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!
Original post by TheNerdxP
Sidenote: Do we have to bring money with us for remarks? xD I've just heard off some that you have to pay and some say you don't so I'm clueless

Your school may require you to pay to send your paper off for a remark. If they do, it can be really expensive. I'd suggest talking to your subject teacher if you're not happy with your result. Remarks have certain costs and certain deadline request dates, speak to your exams officer for all the information, if you have a portal or sharepoint it may have the information there. Hope this helps.
When do they come out?

Day before results so 2 days left
Reply 44

You don't pay for these remarks in cash, it usually always is paid using a cheque. The way it works is that you'd fill out a form given to you by your school which you'd then state all the papers you want remarked. You'd then have to pay the required amount for the papers to be remarked (the amounts will shown on the form). You'd put the form inside a envelope with a cheque and give it to your exam officer. Your exam officer would keep the cheque but send the form off. If your marks change, your exam officer would either have to return the cheque to you, or they'll ask your parents if they would instead want the cheque ripped up. If your marks didn't change, they'd keep the cheque. And yes you must ALWAYS pay for remarks, unless your school wants to conduct a mass remark (which rarely ever happens). And no, you don't have to pay for these remarks, or even fill out the remark form on the day of getting your results, remark requests last around 2-3 weeks after recieving your results.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vyres
You don't pay for these remarks in cash, it usually always is paid using a cheque. The way it works is that you'd fill out a form given to you by your school which you'd then state all the papers you want remarked. You'd then have to pay the required amount for the papers to be remarked (the amounts will shown on the form). You'd put the form inside a envelope with a cheque and give it to your exam officer. Your exam officer would keep the cheque but send the form off. If your marks change, your exam officer would either have to return the cheque to you, or they'll ask your parents if they would instead want the cheque ripped up. If your marks didn't change, they'd keep the cheque.

Thankyou very much! Seems like I'll just have to run back home to get my parents then, good job I'm going at 10.00!
Reply 46
Thankyou very much! Seems like I'll just have to run back home to get my parents then, good job I'm going at 10.00!

Well let's hope that your results go well, and that you won't need a remark :biggrin:
Original post by Vyres
Well let's hope that your results go well, and that you won't need a remark :biggrin:

Thankyou very much for your help! Yes hopefully and good luck to you too! I wonder how many marks papers normally get marked up to? Can it be up to something really high like ten or just two or three?
ccea's grade boundarys dont come out before results right? damn, all my exams are with ccea but RE (AQA)
Reply 49
Thankyou very much for your help! Yes hopefully and good luck to you too! I wonder how many marks papers normally get marked up to? Can it be up to something really high like ten or just two or three?

Well I had my Core Science papers remarked (all three of them). And it turns out that those good for nothing examiners missed out 6 marks in total between my papers. I knew it was fishy as hell, I felt I did extremely well in my biology and I only got a C. The biology paper was missing 5 marks, which bumped it up to a B, and my Physics missed one mark, which didn't really change anything. But my overall grade did change from a extremely high C to a B. Occurences like mine are EXTREMELY unlikely, I was the first person in my school to get over 3 extra marks with a remark request since 2011, so evidently they were all shocked. I can definitely say that recovering 1-3 marks is very possible, but considering the new way remarking is handled, I can't really be sure. As for ten marks? Yeah not very unlikely, unless the examiners were getting drunk/high whilst marking the papers (which they probably do like seriously they missed out 6 marks?????????? 6?????). But anyways yeah.... Hope I answered your question. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by nmeechanxo
ccea's grade boundarys dont come out before results right? damn, all my exams are with ccea but RE (AQA)

All grade boundaries for every exam board is released before/on results day. This is so people can work out if they want to remark their paper/if they want to resit.
Original post by Vyres
Well I had my Core Science papers remarked all three of them. And it turns out that the good for nothing examiner missed out 6 marks in total between my papers. I knew it was fishy as hell, I felt I did extremely well in my biology and I only got a C. The biology was missing 5 marks, which bumped it up to a B, and my Physics missed one mark, which didn't really change anything. But my overall grade did change from a extremely high C to a B. Occurences like mine are EXTREMELY unlikely, I was the first person in my school to get over 3 extra marks with a remark request since 2011, so evidently they were all shocked. I can definitely say that recovering 1-3 marks is very possible, but considering the new way remarking is handled, I can't really be sure. As for ten marks? Yeah not very unlikely, unless the examiners were getting drunk/high whilst marking the papers (which they probably do like seriously they missed out 6 marks?????????? 6?????). But anyways yeah.... Hope I answered your question. :smile:

Ayy! I'm glad that you got the mark that you deserved. That's very true but I just saw a post that this year they want to prevent bias and will only change the mark if it's 6+ marks? That's ridiculous what if you're just one mark off?? I'm sincerely hoping that this is not true.
Reply 52
Ayy! I'm glad that you got the mark that you deserved. That's very true but I just saw a post that this year they want to prevent bias and will only change the mark if it's 6+ marks? That's ridiculous what if you're just one mark off?? I'm sincerely hoping that this is not true.

They will change the mark depending on if think that you've gained any marks, even if it's just one mark that wouldn't even effect your grade. The way they're
handling remarking now is they're not taking into account the opinion of another examiner. One examiner may see a piece of work and think that it's A material. Another may see it as B material. They're getting rid of the sense of opinion by an examiner, so remarks would just be looking for actual facts instead of leniency by an examiner. So in turn this means that essay based subjects like History, English Literature, ect will probably be extremely hard to gain marks in when you remark.
Original post by Vyres
All grade boundaries for every exam board is released before/on results day. This is so people can work out if they want to remark their paper/if they want to resit.

ah okay thank you! beause i keep seeing people talk about AQA and OCR etc. but noone mentions CCEA, that might be bc CCEA is only NI though
Reply 54
Original post by Vyres
OCR (Computing) - Grade boundaries will definitely be high, the exam was far too easy compared to 2015.
OCR (Maths) - Grade boundaries will be low, both the higher tier and foundation tier papers were pretty damn hard.
AQA (Business Studies) - Grade boundaries would be somewhere inbetween, the paper was fairly smooth, apart from a handful of tricky questions).
Edexcel (IT) - Grade boundaries would be low, the questions were definitely tricky and a lot of people did struggle.
Edexcel (History) - No idea... A lot of mixed opinions about this paper, I'd assume that the boundaries would be somewhere inbetween high and low.
CIE IGCSE (English Language) - Grade boundaries will be decently mid-high, the paper was pretty smooth.
Edexcel (Additional Science) - Grade boundaries will DEFINITELY be low, like are you kidding, those papers were pretty damn hard.
AQA (English Literature) - Grade boundaries will be high, the questions were pretty damn good.

Hi its ukcoder I don't no why I couldn't reply but if you could help me with my coding please contact me on Facebook at Sahand Kadirzadeh or by phone 07715338757 thank you
Reply 55
Original post by Ukcoder3
Hi its ukcoder I don't no why I couldn't reply but if you could help me with my coding please contact me on Facebook at Sahand Kadirzadeh or by phone 07715338757 thank you

Could we do this via TSR Private messaging or Skype instead?
Original post by Vyres
I managed to get an A. I swear to god I had the *****est IT teacher in the world. She literally gave me and the rest of the class little to no support. If her lazy ass could actually teach, then I'm sure with her support I could of gotten an A*. I'd be gutted if I wasn't to an A overall, because god knows I basically did that entire IT coursework all by myself, whilst our useless teacher was keeping up to date with her emails.

same! My ict teacher didnt even care, our whole class cheated on a test and he didnt care
Reply 57
Original post by Theworriedbanana
same! My ict teacher didnt even care, our whole class cheated on a test and he didnt care

Some teachers these days are just pathetic... They quite literally need to be out of their job for them to get the message...
Original post by Theworriedbanana

I feel like I'm talking with the people in my ICT class. Why are so many ICT teachers just terrible ?
Original post by Vyres
Some teachers these days are just pathetic... They quite literally need to be out of their job for them to get the message...

I'm so worried about my results! Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest