The Student Room Group

Re-sits Oxford Physics

I failed to meet my offers(2A*2A) and (2A*A) for Warwick and UCL respectively(both for maths). My grades were the following:
Maths - A*
F Maths- A
Physics- B(1 mark off A sent for remark)
Chemistry - B

I am planning on taking a gap year and reapplying for possibly maths or physics at oxford. How would they view me re-sitting exams? Also, if I do get that physics grade to an A, would those grades be sufficient for a physics offer because their standard offer is A*AA?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Inert1a
I failed to meet my offers(2A*2A) and (2A*A) for Warwick and UCL respectively(both for maths). My grades were the following:
Maths - A*
F Maths- A
Chemistry - B

I am planning on taking a gap year and reapplying for possibly maths or physics at oxford. How would they view me re-sitting exams? Also, if I do get that physics grade to an A, would those grades be sufficient for a physics offer because their standard offer is A*AA?

I've moved your post to the Oxford forum. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inert1a
Maths - A*
F Maths- A
Chemistry - B

My son has just got in for Physics. I think the most important thing now is to prepare thoroughly for the PAT test by working systematically through the past papers. Alongside this, go to the UKMT site for Maths Challenge questions. And re-sit your Physics A-level. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending