Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Harris Westminster

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hey guys! As GCSE results day is approaching, I was wondering if anyone on here went to Harris Westminster or knew anyone that did. If I get GCSE results that are good enough for Harris Westminster I may enroll there but I have doubts as it will be a very different environment from the one I'm used to. So could anybody tell me how the school is like and how the environment is? Also, are the people that go there all posh and do they put a lot of pressure on their students? Sorry for all the questions but I just need to know in case I may end up going there and not liking it.

I'm in the same position. I'm very worried as it's completely new for me.

I would think about it carefully. I attended a different Harris sixth form and a few people I knew went to Harris Westminster and then failed badly and had to retake the year at our Harris. They have a very demanding schedule 6 days a week of school may leave you very tired as well as all the compulsory extra curriculars they have. I have heard the teachers really like to name drop all the 'elite' people they went to uni with. Of course I can't speak from personal experience this is purely what I have heard from the others who went. Many others have flourished there and you need to make the decision that seems right for you.

definitely not all posh but I think there is a lot of pressure simply because of the demanding schedule.

Thanks for the info! Yeah I'm going to need to really think this through carefully.

Hey guys, I've been offered a place at Harris Westminster, reading this, puts me on edge. however, I kinda know that having this *stressful* environment is something that can either make me do really well, or just make me crumble.

Listen, I'm a Westminster student, not gonna go for long because need to finish my personal statement before school starts but what i can tell you is... yes, 6 days a week can be tricky and the extra things you do during some days can get annoying while your focused on your main subjects even though some a really fun. However, this school offers good opportunities because of the speakers who come here every Tuesday LAB talking about there area of expertise and the position of the school allows many London lectures to be nearby, and teachers are always available to help you in anything during most of the day. Its a big jump from any GCSE so don't worry if you feel stupid the first few weeks or so haha because even though you might have gotten good grades from last year most of the subjects are OCR so are more tricky then exam boards other schools do (so jump might be slightly bigger to this A levels than others). Students are all friendly and different (many nationalities!)and i'm sure you will find some friends which you think suit you best
    It also depends which subjects you choose of course but if your gonna do your work consistently without leaving it for the last day you will be just fine) That would be even my biggest tip, do Hw and revise what you learn at school gradually so your head wont explode if you leave it for the last day
    • :headfire:

Hope i was a little useful and not too late, good luck!)

Thank you soo much! This was really helpful and interesting!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.