The Student Room Group

ABCD-my AS grades

Would you class these grades as "good" or just "average"?
Bit **** tbh
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Moon Man
Bit **** tbh

Yeah I kind of agree mate
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BIGJohnson777
You can drop the D, continue with ABC and focus on turning that C into a B which isn't that difficult, especially if you resit a module from the C subject. And ABB is not bad by the real world standard (not the TSR's one).

Yeah I'm going to drop the D. One thing I didn't mention was that the B and C grades were actually new spec so won't count towards my overall grade which is good. So I guess the overall picture isn't too bad but if your just judging the grades alone there not too great.
Original post by Gnatt27
Would you class these grades as "good" or just "average"?

Their between good and average in my opinion. Btw I'd recommend you drop the subject you got an D in
Reply 6
Original post by Raizelcadres
Their between good and average in my opinion. Btw I'd recommend you drop the subject you got an D in

Good advice and yeah I see where your coming from in terms of being in between. I guess it is kind of the equivalent of BBB which I would say was better than average as it would likely get you into a top 50 uni.
Reply 7
Average but they can improve assuming you dump the D
Original post by Gnatt27
Good advice and yeah I see where your coming from in terms of being in between. I guess it is kind of the equivalent of BBB which I would say was better than average as it would likely get you into a top 50 uni.

AS grades don't matter much when you're applying to uni (my friend had ABCD just like you and he got an offer from UCL) as you're personal statement and predicted grades. Btw don't look at univerisity rankings for your options much as they vary every year and are different for each website e.g thecompleteunigide, qs world rankings. So all the best and fingers crossed you get into your uni ;P
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Raizelcadres
AS grades don't matter much when you're applying to uni (my friend had ABCD just like you and he got an offer from UCL) as you're personal statement and predicted grades. Btw don't look at univerisity rankings for your options much as they vary every year and are different for each website e.g thecompleteunigide, qs world rankings. So all the best and fingers crossed you get into your uni ;P

Cheers dude. I will be hoping to get AAB predicted out of them as B was 4 marks of A and C was close as well. Then looking at Unis like Queens Mary London, Liverpool and Surrey etc. all around AAB-ABB. Don't UCL require like A*AA? how did your friend get close to those with his predicted grades?
Original post by Gnatt27
Cheers dude. I will be hoping to get AAB predicted out of them as B was 4 marks of A and C was close as well. Then looking at Unis like Queens Mary London, Liverpool and Surrey etc. all around AAB-ABB. Don't UCL require like A*AA? how did your friend get close to those with his predicted grades?

His predicted grades were A*A*A and he got an interview from oxford (sadly he didn't get an offer). It's all up to you, if you can show how determined you are and persuade your teachers than I'm sure they will predict you high grades.
Reply 11
Okay I will do my best,Im going to get a tutor in for English Lit to help boost my C to a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're not bad at all, well except for the D
Reply 13
Yeah that D sucks.It was in French and I actually tried really hard as well and ended up 7 marks of a C.Im going to think about resitting next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest