The Student Room Group

Graduating student nurses - how is your job search going?

Over the next few weeks I'm going to be putting together a Wiki article to assist student nurses in applying for jobs with tips for filling in applications, when to start looking, application process etc.. It would therefore be really useful if we could include some experiences and advice from those of you who have been through this already. If you aren't looking for jobs yet, please also share your plans.

Perspectives from qualified nurses are welcomed too, of course.

If you would like to be involved in the writing of the article, please let me know!
(edited 7 years ago)
hi Charlotte,
most of us who wanted jobs straight away started looking in Feb/March of this year. Interviews are generally held about that time too. We all have
jobs.
Original post by Charlotte49
Over the next few weeks I'm going to be putting together a Wiki article to assist student nurses in applying for jobs with tips for filling in applications, when to start looking, application process etc.. It would therefore be really useful if we could include some experiences and advice from those of you who have been through this already. If you aren't looking for jobs yet, please also share your plans.

Perspectives from qualified nurses are welcomed too, of course.

If you would like to be involved in the writing of the article, please let me know!

Would very much like to be involved. An area I have an interest in - and some hands on experience advising applicants too, so feel I could bring something to the table. Drop me a DM and we can talk more?
Original post by PaediatricStN
Would very much like to be involved. An area I have an interest in - and some hands on experience advising applicants too, so feel I could bring something to the table. Drop me a DM and we can talk more?

That's great, thanks! I had thought this might be of interest to you.

I'm putting together some sort of list of resources that might be useful to the forum users so that they can be systematically worked through, however this is one I'm prioritising as I think it would be good to have it up and fine tuned before the end of the year when 3rd years are thinking about jobs. I'm heading out just now but will drop you a message later on with some more details about my plans.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending