The Student Room Group

"Drugs are for mugs"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Alexion
Yeah, I'm sure your typical drug gang are doing it for creative inspiration...

Try to expand your world view beyond Talk To Frank adverts.
Reply 61
Original post by Harold Godwinson
But when you apply it to the general population and in particular the youth of the socioeconomic poor. They use drugs because their life is truly unbearable and doing drugs is the only way they see to cope, "Smoke dope, can't cope". And think about the long term effects drugs such as weed has on the individual, it quite literally turns you into a dopey ****er and can over a prolonged period of time turn you psychotic.

I, like many of my friends, used to use drugs because they were both fun and interesting. Not because my life was unbearable. The same goes for the vast majority of drug users I knew. Only relatively few actually end up using drugs as a way of making their lives bearable.

Also, those "long term effects" of weed only effect some people. Weed is generally pretty safe.
Reply 62
Original post by Electrospective
That's not the best road to go down... :':wink:

It isn't, and I'm not saying it is. They weren't mugs though.
Original post by KingBradly
I, like many of my friends, used to use drugs because they were both fun and interesting. Not because my life was unbearable. The same goes for the vast majority of drug users I knew. Only relatively few actually end up using drugs as a way of making their lives bearable.

Also, those "long term effects" of weed only effect some people. Weed is generally pretty safe.

It's been scientifically proven to effect most people, but long as you're not going around screaming like a madman who am I to judge? :biggrin:
How many people have they messed up?
Original post by I am 1/Cos(C)
I'm drug-free myself but I agree.

A huge number of successful and intelligent people use drugs, the biggest thing which shocked me growing up about drugs was that the average drug-user is intelligent, articulate and perfectly capable of functioning rather than looking like someone from a government propaganda advertisement.

I just get what ur name is/means...... that's a good one!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending