Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by infairverona
It says on the Law PhD page (I think) that you don't get to choose a college. Tbh I'm not *that* fussed, but my undergrad uni and my masters uni didn't have colleges so it's kinda exciting

Well I hope you get assigned a college you love and enjoy your time at Durham :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by LPauling
Well I hope you get assigned a college you love and enjoy your time at Durham :smile:

Thanks :smile: it's looking to be my top choice at the moment but it's really far from home so I am a bit hesitant, and of course depends on funding. But fingers crossed!
GCSEs: 8 x A*, 4 x 1 x B
AS: AAAAA in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths (+ Gen Studs B!)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A* in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths
Course: NatSci (hopefully Chemistry, Physics and Maths combo)
College: Hatfield
Reply 23
Original post by RookieSash
GCSEs: 8 x A*, 4 x 1 x B
AS: AAAAA in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths (+ Gen Studs B!)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A* in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths
Course: NatSci (hopefully Chemistry, Physics and Maths combo)
College: Hatfield

Good luck :smile:
Good luck :smile:

Thanks! :smile: Keeping everything crossed as I know how competitive the course and college are! Any tips?
Reply 25
Original post by RookieSash
Thanks! :smile: Keeping everything crossed as I know how competitive the course and college are! Any tips?

PM me some questions and I will answer anything you have
GCSEs-7As, 1A*, 2Bs
AS Grades-BBBB (1 off an A in all of them but still Bs lol)
I want to apply for politics which has a 57% offer of those who apply so some hope ;s it's my risk choice.
targeted-AAA
probably Hatfield as the video was so enticing or Josephine butler as en suites are guaranteed :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Theawesomejem
GCSEs-7As, 1A*, 2Bs
AS Grades-BBBB (1 off an A in all of them but still Bs lol)
I want to apply for politics which has a 57% offer of those who apply so some hope ;s it's my risk choice.
targeted-AAA
probably Hatfield as the video was so enticing or Josephine butler as en suites are guaranteed :smile:

Well hopefully you aren't one mark off this time around :smile:
Well hopefully you aren't one mark off this time around :smile:

I have to do them again as they are the new a level so really my AS grades don't exist ahahaha
Just wondering if anyone else has sent in their application yet? I sent mine in on the 7th, and Durham have contacted me already. Just wondering when unies will start making decisions on applications?
Reply 30
Original post by dorababy1995
Just wondering if anyone else has sent in their application yet? I sent mine in on the 7th, and Durham have contacted me already. Just wondering when unies will start making decisions on applications?

Durham tends to leave their offers till quite late (I got mine in March) and applied in September like you. No one in Chemistry gets offer before around March. Not sure about other subjects
Durham tends to leave their offers till quite late (I got mine in March) and applied in September like you. No one in Chemistry gets offer before around March. Not sure about other subjects

I'm applying for English. :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by dorababy1995
I'm applying for English. :biggrin:

Yeah was just saying it is like that for chemistry so may be like that for other subjects at Durham
Who else is applying for English?
I got an A in Geography at AS and my other two A levels are linear but I'm predicted A*AA for psychology geography and biology. Am hoping to study psychology but don't know what college to pick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Anyone know what the intake is for Computer Science and the percentage of people who get an offer? I can't seem to find it anyway :O
Original post by Quido
Anyone know what the intake is for Computer Science and the percentage of people who get an offer? I can't seem to find it anyway :O

Very high 80% of all applicants last year received offers http://university.which.co.uk/durham-university-d86/computer-science-3-years-9000-g400-24448 :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Theawesomejem

Ooh, thanks :biggrin:
no idea how to choose which college to apply for, will probably just make an open application
Reply 39
Original post by KloppOClock
no idea how to choose which college to apply for, will probably just make an open application

You could visit, there is a section on the website that lists facts about the college. If you PM me the sort of person you are and what you want out of a college I could recommend one for you to look into

Quick Reply

Latest