The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mehokay
Definitely with you, I would rather make my own food, plus it's a lot cheaper.

I applied to Newnham, it's an all girls college but all the rooms are single which is nice and I wasn't really up for the idea of sharing a room in first year. Also it's mega close to the law faculty building where the law library and lecture rooms are, so that will give me a extra few minutes to sleep 😋

What other universities did you apply to?

I know this is a Durham thread, but I couldn't resist saying hello to a fellow Newnham applicant!! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Subject: History
AS Levels: AAAA (History, English Lit, French, Psychology)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A
College: Trevelyan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subject: Education & History
AS Grades: A (Maths)
A Level Predicted Grades: A*AA (Maths, English Lit, History)
AS Level Predicted Grades: B (F. Maths)
College: St. Mary's

Spoiler

Hi everyone! Sent out my application for Japanese (dept. Modern Languages) on the 14th October and wondered if anyone had received offers yet?

Subject : Japanese
French baccalaureat : 15.75 (AAA - A*AA) (gap year so no more exams 😌😌😌)
College : St. Chad's!

Also applied to Cambs, Edinburgh, Manchester and Leeds - any idea of when they give offers?
Original post by fchristiecsi
Hi everyone! Sent out my application for Japanese (dept. Modern Languages) on the 14th October and wondered if anyone had received offers yet?

Subject : Japanese
French baccalaureat : 15.75 (AAA - A*AA) (gap year so no more exams 😌😌😌)
College : St. Chad's!

Also applied to Cambs, Edinburgh, Manchester and Leeds - any idea of when they give offers?

I've seen a lot of people getting interview invites for Manchester and a few offers, haven't heard anything about the other four though :biggrin:
Original post by mehokay
Thank you! I hope you get into Durham. If I don't get into Cambridge, we may see each other at Josephine Butler.

I'm an only child too! I'm so used to my own company and having my own space, I don't think I could give it all up so abruptly.

I applied to: Cambridge, Bristol, Warwick and Queen Mary's in London

I got an offer from Queen Mary's last week for A*AA, which I was pretty happy about. I guess that means my application wasn't that bad.

Yes!! Hopefully we will :biggrin: haha exactly, I always stick to a routine in the morning XD and woah! Congrats! All of your choices are so impressive :biggrin: I know Warwick like to send out offers rather quickly, so you should get one very soon!
Original post by 04MR17

I'm getting a distinct flavour of... of... Maths?

I have no clue what you are on about... :rofl:
Original post by Cryptokyo
I have no clue what you are on about... :rofl:
Your details in no way give me the indication that you have any particular interest in Maths... :tongue:
Subject: Economics and Geography (comb. social sciences)AS Grades: AAAAA (Maths, Geography, Physics, Psychology and General Studies)A2 Predicted: A*A*A* (Maths, Geography, Physics)
AS Predicted: Economics - A (doing it this year)
College: University college

anyone else? :smile:
Finally got the acknowledgement email today! (application sent 15/10) And now the waiting begins... Good luck everyone!
Yayyy got my acknowledgement yesterday
Original post by LenniesRabbit
I'm considering Durham:smile:
AS- AAAAB (English Lit, Sociology, EPQ, Politics and Psychology.
Hoping to do Psychology at Durham but I have no idea what college is best for me yet!

Oh my God, I did the very same AS levels (except for the EPQ)! :biggrin: *high five*

Subject: Combined Honours in Social Sciences (Politics and International Relations and/with Japanese)
AS levels: AAAB (Politics, Psychology, Sociology, English Literature)
Predicted: Unknown, probably the equivalent of AAA
College: No college preference
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi everyone! I've applied for Biological Sciences (Biochemistry route) with Foundation. I'm applying for it with the foundation year because of extenuating circumstances (illness) during Year 13 which meant I couldn't fully sit my A2 units.

GCSEs: 8 A*s, an A and a B
AS Levels: AAAB
EPQ: A*
Original A Level predicted grades: A*A*A

College: St Chad's

Anyone else here applying for Biological Sciences?
Hello all! First post for me! :biggrin: Mature student here (at a ripe 24 :rollseyes: ). Currently on access course since I may as well of threw my GCSEs and A levels (non existant),into the fire due to to seriously ill health at school. But now I'm back , healthy, raring to go and looking to apply for Psychology or Applied Psychology. Will actually be limping around Queen's Campus. ( :rollseyes: ) at lunch for the applied course if I succeed in grabbing any sleep!

GCSEs: Under the circumstances best not to ask - though proud of my 3 A*s! :colondollar:
Current course: Access to Health
Predicted grades: Distinctions
College: Hatfield (Durham City) or John Snow (Queen's Campus)

Good luck with all of your applications, guys! :smile:
Just had my offer come through for Sociology and I'm so happy! Anyone else had an offer for Sociology?
People are getting offers!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied last Friday for Anthropology!
GCSEs: 11 A*s
AS: AAAA
A2 predictions: A* A* A in English lit, History, and RS respectively
College: University (Castle)
Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Original post by lawwannaB
Just had my offer come through for Sociology and I'm so happy! Anyone else had an offer for Sociology?

Congratulations!!! When did you send in your application?
Original post by tanvisingh99
Congratulations!!! When did you send in your application?

Thank-you!

Sent it on the 20th, got my acknowledgement on Monday! Insane how quickly it came through omg!
Original post by lawwannaB
Thank-you!

Sent it on the 20th, got my acknowledgement on Monday! Insane how quickly it came through omg!

Ahhh that's crazy! What's your offer, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest