The Student Room Group

AS Politics remark or resit?

My question is aimed at my politics grade for AS, it is on the old AQA specification so i have the option to resit it at the end of next year. I did really well on the first paper and got 89 UMS which is 62 marks out of 80 however on paper 2 i only got a UMS of 62 which is only 45 marks which is way below what i usually get in my past papers. I usually get about 56/57 on average. I got a B overall.

I have worked out that i need about 5 marks to get up to the A boundary overall so i was wondering if people thought it is worth remarking the paper. However i am sceptical because 5 marks it a large number of marks for a paper to go up, and also if people think it is a good idea to resit paper 2 at the next year.
Thank you for any replies, hope your own results went well.
Original post by sharan77
My question is aimed at my politics grade for AS, it is on the old AQA specification so i have the option to resit it at the end of next year. I did really well on the first paper and got 89 UMS which is 62 marks out of 80 however on paper 2 i only got a UMS of 62 which is only 45 marks which is way below what i usually get in my past papers. I usually get about 56/57 on average. I got a B overall.

I have worked out that i need about 5 marks to get up to the A boundary overall so i was wondering if people thought it is worth remarking the paper. However i am sceptical because 5 marks it a large number of marks for a paper to go up, and also if people think it is a good idea to resit paper 2 at the next year.

remark and then resit if not
Remember, only remark if you truly believe it can go up.

There is a chance it can go down and your stuck with a lower grade- be careful
Reply 3
Original post by sharan77

Get a copy of the script back to get your teacher's view on the chances of a successful re-mark. Take it from there.
I got the exact same UMS in the unit 1 paper and I was thinking of a remark too, however I don't have 40 quid to spare so I think I'll pass especially since it's closer to the D boundary than the B boundary.

Quick Reply

Latest