The Student Room Group

What is the most horrific thing to happen to you in your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by markova21
OMG. I read today online something about a Monk who is on trial atm who worked at a private school somewhere, for abusing boys.

Yes, they're all coming out of the woodwork now. But these people have had their lives and the Catholic Church covered up for them and that's how they got away with it for so long.
Original post by Seamus123
Yes, they're all coming out of the woodwork now. But these people have had their lives and the Catholic Church covered up for them and that's how they got away with it for so long.

I know. I'm a Catholic, as is i'd say everyone in Newry. But i'm very lapsed nowadays. I like to say my own private prayers for other people and for the world, as it makes me feel better and brings me comfort. I also like going into a Church while there is hardly anyone in there and just sitting and saying my own prayers and gathering my thoughts. Not been to Mass for years,and my son who is now 19 isn't into religion at all. My mum was English Protestant and my dad was Irish descent Catholic. [His dad was from County Offaly. I'm tracing the O'Brien [my surname] family tree atm.] BTW, I live in Newry but was born and brought up in Manchester.
(edited 7 years ago)
I never knew my parents. I was a foundling baby left on the steps of the children's home at 1 day old. There was no paperwork so had no name so the nuns named me. Never knew my name until I was 5or6. I was number 96, and that's what we were called by. Bad times indeed.
Original post by Seamus123
I never knew my parents. I was a foundling baby left on the steps of the children's home at 1 day old. There was no paperwork so had no name so the nuns named me. Never knew my name until I was 5or6. I was number 96, and that's what we were called by. Bad times indeed.

I have a friend who lives near me but is originally from Dublin. He was an orphan too. He never talks about it, and I never ask.

Quick Reply

Latest