The Student Room Group

Future applicant with a lot of questions

Hello there !

I'm a French student entering my last year in High School, and I'd really like to apply for uni in the UK. I know I registered on ucas quite early, but I'm glad I did, as seeing everything that needs to be completed is quite scary and raised a lot of questions. I hope all my questions belong in this section, I think they do, if not I apologize. Here are my questions :

1) I'm French ahah, so how do you think I should enter my marks ? We don't get letters, instead our grades are out of 20 or 40, but I don't know if it makes sense to write them down like that. (example : 14/20)

2) School has not begun yet, but I don't think I'll be able to get predicted grades. Should I contact the universities that interest me, or is it tolerated in the case of a EU applicant ?

3) When I write the subjects' names in ucas, do I need to translate them ? I noticed some of them don't have an equivalent in English...

Thanks a lot for any help you could provide ! (and I hope it's not considered too early to ask questions about application in mid-August ahah)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending