Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Who missed their grades but still got accepted?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Be thankful you got in. Not even a couple days have past and youre already ungrateful?

Kcl ranks very highly internationally and nationally fyi.

What course are you doing?

I agree with above. You're pretty lucky to get accepted by KCL, they are prestigious asf.

Which university was ur firm or were you aiming to get into?

(Original post by meridian0)

I insured KCL, missed my offers but got accepted by KCL anyway. My firm and insurance both asked for the same grades and I got one grade that was higher as well as two grades that were lower. I'm not sure how universities view this - whether it's missing my offer by a difference of one grade or missing it by two grades (I'm guessing it's this one?).

Anyway, the fact that KCL accepted me makes me feel a little confused and think that their course perhaps isn't very good. It also seems like they've let in many other people who didn't quite get the grades. I've heard that a lot of people at my (average) school have also got into KCL, which make me think it's a university that almost anyone can get into (within reason). Not saying I'm super academic or that I deserve better though.

For this reason, I would have preferred to get into my firm. Unexpectedly, I got a lower grade in one subject that I felt I had done well in (yes, I can tell that pretty much everyone shares the same sentiment about at least one of their subjects). Even if I got that higher grade, I know I'd still be one grade below my offers. Initially, I was surprised to receive any university offers - especially from a couple of reputable unis - but after getting the offers I had a little more faith in myself.

I'm not saying that it's a bad uni, I know it's okay. But I do wonder why they accepted me when my firm didn't... although maybe it's just a prestige thing. And maybe I'm slightly bitter now about going to a less prestigious university when I didn't work hard enough. Hmm.

Don't hate please - I'm not saying that this uni is terrible or anything. It's probably a lot better than I think. After all, I'll be attending it soon.
    What grades did you need and what did you get it you don't mind saying?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.