The Student Room Group

Yet another example of complete Israeli brutality

Scroll to see replies

Leaving aside the wider geopolitical and religous issues and people's varying opinions on them let's call this for what is is; a guy tipping a disabled person out of a wheelchair onto the floor which is ****in disgraceful.
Reply 61
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Pretty certain that anyone who assaults, resists, or wilfully obstructs any police officer in the due execution of his duty or any person acting in aid of such officer is an offence and in breach of the law.
The man-handling of the disabled person was wrong per se and the fact that the man concerned was disabled had no bearing on what he had to experience. I'm convinced that the same would have happened to anyone who attempted what the disabled man had. He was wrong to approach the officers and the scene and one could argue that the officers were making sure he was away from other unforeseen/possible threats in the area after what had just happened.

Oh I am sure the Israeli was concerned about the man being away from other threats.

lol'd
Original post by inhuman
Oh I am sure the Israeli was concerned about the man being away from other threats.

lol'd

Not saying that's what they had in mind when they forcefully removed the crowd from the area but they were indeed trying to get on with their job. To put it simply though the disabled wouldn't have ended up on the floor had he not approached the scene which he shouldn't have in the first place. I'm only talking about this particular incidence here.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
It deserves having its land stolen and its people removed from their homes?

They lost the israelis won. So yes.
Original post by Napp
Are you seriously comparing a couple of oiks who fire what is little more than a firework and very rarely hits anything anyway to those genocidal whackjobs response of carpet bombing them?
By your logic the ploddies here should start cleansing the lower classes since they on averege will commit more crimes thus 'have it coming'.

If they don't want to get carpetbombed they shouldn't **** with people with the capability to do that. It's their own stupid fault.
Reply 65
Original post by TercioOfParma
If they don't want to get carpetbombed they shouldn't **** with people with the capability to do that. It's their own stupid fault.

It's great to be an ******* from behind a computer screen, huh?

And ahhhh, just remembered you from the other thread. Not surprised then at your comments here.
Original post by inhuman
It's great to be an ******* from behind a computer screen, huh?

And ahhhh, just remembered you from the other thread. Not surprised then at your comments here.

Oh I am so sorry I disagree with you over a first world nation dealing with terrorists as they should. It's isn't like the Israelis give ample warning to civilians is it?
Oh I am so sorry I disagree with you over a first world nation dealing with terrorists as they should.

So should the British government have responded to the Troubles by carpet bombing Northern Ireland?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Oh I am so sorry I disagree with you over a first world nation dealing with terrorists as they should. It's isn't like the Israelis give ample warning to civilians is it?

Yea, terrorist in a wheelchair.
Original post by inhuman
Yea, terrorist in a wheelchair.

Palestinians would probably do worse to an Israeli in a wheelchair. Don't underestimate people in wheelchairs either, one ran over my foot once and it really hurt.
Original post by anarchism101
So should the British government have responded to the Troubles by carpet bombing Northern Ireland?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, because northern Ireland was part of their country and the death toll was a lot lower.
Reply 71
Palestinians would probably do worse to an Israeli in a wheelchair. Don't underestimate people in wheelchairs either, one ran over my foot once and it really hurt.

Diddums?
Original post by JamesN88
Leaving aside the wider geopolitical and religous issues and people's varying opinions on them let's call this for what is is; a guy tipping a disabled person out of a wheelchair onto the floor which is ****in disgraceful.

Exactly.
No, because northern Ireland was part of their country

So?

and the death toll was a lot lower.

Not really, given the difference in regional populations and lengths of conflict.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Palestine isn't.

Not really, given the difference in regional populations and lengths of conflict.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, 3000 died in northern ireland iirc, ~7000 in Palestine (again, from memory).

The irish conflict has technically been going on since the 13th century, although those numbers represent since 1921(?).
Palestine isn't.

Only as and when Israel declares it to be. When it's a question of settlements, the Israeli government treats as a part of Israel that simply hasn't been fully incorporated yet.

Also, you know there are international laws governing military occupation?

No, 3000 died in northern ireland iirc, ~7000 in Palestine (again, from memory).

And Israel-Palestine has several times the population and has, at least in terms of the current conflicts, been going on 20 years longer.

The irish conflict has technically been going on since the 13th century, although those numbers represent since 1921(?).

No, it hasn't. You can argue its roots go back that far, sure, but the conventional start date for the modern conflict in Northern Ireland is 1969, just as many of the roots of WW2 lie in WW1, but we still consider them separate wars.

No, it hasn't. You can argue its roots go back that far, sure, but the conventional start date for the modern conflict in Northern Ireland is 1969, just as many of the roots of WW2 lie in WW1, but we still consider them separate wars.

I know the troubles go back to 1969, the number I cited I don't think does, I think it goes back further.
Don't underestimate people in wheelchairs either, one ran over my foot once and it really hurt.

Damning evidence right there.
We should abuse all disabled people.

Spoiler

Original post by CourtlyCanter
Not saying that's what they had in mind when they forcefully removed the crowd from the area but they were indeed trying to get on with their job. To put it simply though the disabled wouldn't have ended up on the floor had he not approached the scene which he shouldn't have in the first place. I'm only talking about this particular incidence here.

Poor guy was probably trying to pass or trying to get home.
Original post by JamesN88

Sadly a lot of people here seem to be lacking simple human empathy for those they deem to be part of the ''other'' category.
Whereby things they would never accept to be done to them or their loved ones or done to members of groups they approve of, they wouldn't mind to be done to the ''others'' group.
And as seen on this thread some would even go as far as championing/supporting/defending what basically constitutes as abuse.

Quick Reply

Latest