The Student Room Group

Tax and BPT

Hi Guys,

I'm an ACA trainee working in audit. My firm's policy is such that we can only attempt 2 papers a year (excruciating, I know). I just passed my Tax com paper this June 2016.However, my firm is not allowing me to take BPT in December as they are of the view that it should be the last of the professional stage papers attempted. I still have FAR and AA to go before BPT.

So as it currently stands, I'd have to take FAR in Dec and perhaps BPT in june next year. Meaning I'd have to deal with the change in tax rates and I'd have to recall my tax com knowledge. This is what I'm fearing.

Is it a big correlation between tax com and BPT?or can I just recall my basic Tax com knowledge in June next year for BPT and I should be fine?

Appreciate all your insights. Thanks!
Reply 1
Wait what? 2 papers a year? That means it would take you 7.5 years to qualify... How long is your training agreement?

BPT is seen as the hardest paper to pass in the professional stage, but it doesn't matter when you take it really. BPT and BS are meant to be papers which bridge the gap between the professional stage to the advanced stage (or so what I've heard). But, I know people who have sat and passed it before some of the others. If that's your firms view on it and you can't change their mind, you'll just have to live with it.

I did TC in March and I'm scheduled to do BPT in March 2017, a whole year after it just like you. Am I worried about forgetting things? nope. I will probably forget most things from TC going into BPT, but everything I need to know about it will be taught in my tuition. I wouldn't worry about the follow through knowledge, Kaplan/BPP are great for recapping things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending