The Student Room Group

Girls ....opinions wanted

Ok so im 21 years old been a very shy guy most of my life lacked confidence... but recently i have decided to grow some balls and started talking to women i often find my self approaching girls everywhere is shopping malls bus stations in the tube etc etc ...however often when im talking to a girl in public and the interaction is going well i notice myself getting dirty looks from others...i want to know are u girls ok with being approached even in a busy public place???
I'm as shy as you are (perhaps more so :wink:) and I know for a fact that girls do not like being approached on the street, on public transport and even shopping centres. The only appropriate places are "proper" social areas like clubs, concerts, charity and fundraising events.
Original post by shawn_o1
I'm as shy as you are (perhaps more so :wink:) and I know for a fact that girls do not like being approached on the street, on public transport and even shopping centres. The only appropriate places are "proper" social areas like clubs, concerts, charity and fundraising events.
this isnt true beacause a good friend of mine has had great results with women from the street
Original post by Stinglikeabee
this isnt true beacause a good friend of mine has had great results with women from the street

That "good friend of yours" probably wouldn't be a good partner for any of those women :wink:

That "good friend of yours" probably wouldn't be a good partner for any of those women :wink:
Theres nothing wrong with saying hello to a girl on the street and asking for her number. In my opinion everyone should be talking on social transport its so awkeard just standing there

Our society is introverted
Ok so im 21 years old been a very shy guy most of my life lacked confidence... but recently i have decided to grow some balls and started talking to women i often find my self approaching girls everywhere is shopping malls bus stations in the tube etc etc ...however often when im talking to a girl in public and the interaction is going well i notice myself getting dirty looks from others...i want to know are u girls ok with being approached even in a busy public place???

Who cares if other people are giving you dirty looks. How's the girl you're talking to reacting? I'd say initially I would think this is some sort of prank but if you continue the conversation confidently and you're nice then I'd go along with it and be quite impressed at your confidence

But some of us don't like it.
Original post by shawn_o1

Cant speak for all women.

I'm personally fine with being approached outside of those designated places.

At OP I think it's fine. So long as you make sure to read their body language so you know you're not bothering them or making them uncomfortable. And to ensure not to do it in more isolated areas that can seem threatening (like empty train station at night), it's completely fine.
Reply 9
If I'm not attracted to you I would find it creepy that a random guy is suddenly talking to me while I'm shopping. If I liked you would admire your confidence.
I don't mind if it's not aggressive or creepy,like saying hi is okay.*
Nothing wrong with getting dirty looks :wink:

Quick Reply