The Student Room Group

Applying to medicine with IB resits

Hey guys
I finished my IBDP Grade 12 in 2016 May and had applied to the top colleges without any safeties as I have perfect grades in 9th and 10th grade and also did exceptionally well in 11th grade. I didn't do exceptionally well in my bmat and i had only applied to BMAT unis and so that was unsuccessful but I managed to get an offer which i missed by a few points in the end because of a few medical issues and a bit slacking (which i regret >.> ). I have a 35/45 with a 32/42 in my boards which is quite lesser than my predicted but I will be resitting Bio and Chem HL in november in hope to make my score a 38+. I will be applying again this year but will be taking the UKCAT instead as it offers a larger set of unis to choose from. I am very worried about the applications since I will have to send in my final grades as resit results come out in Jan. Is there anyways I can let the universities I'm applying to know that I will be resitting the boards and so view my application from that perspective? I have a 3/3 for TOK and EE in IB but not sure if that'll affect much.
Thank you,
Very worried medicine applicant (to be)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending