The Student Room Group

Idk what to do :(

I worked so hard this year (for AS) and i have been getting top grades during my assessments and i open my results andd theyre:
C - Maths
D/E - Further maths
E - Biology
E - Physics (i kinda expected this)
I dont know what to do
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
I worked so hard this year (for AS) and i have been getting top grades during my assessments and i open my results andd theyre:
C - Maths
D/E - Further maths
E - Biology
E - Physics (i kinda expected this)
I dont know what to do

What was your breakdown for Maths/Fmaths?

Why did you expect it for physics, and how did you feel about Biology?

What do you want to do in the future / what has your school said, if anything?

I'm sorry to see that you've been let down by the exams themselves when you've worked hard, but I hope there is a way forward.
Original post by SeanFM
What was your breakdown for Maths/Fmaths?

Why did you expect it for physics, and how did you feel about Biology?

What do you want to do in the future / what has your school said, if anything?

I'm sorry to see that you've been let down by the exams themselves when you've worked hard, but I hope there is a way forward.

Maths was:
C1 - 70 UMS
C2 - 77 UMS
S1B - 60 UMS

Further Maths:
FP1 - 59 UMS
D01 - 45 UMS (really thought this was easy)

Physics I expected it because i found the tests hard i just didnt find it easy at all
Biology i found really nice, like I thought i would get a B (just about)
My school hasnt said anything yet, since i was on holiday i was posted my results.
Sigh idk what to do
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Maths was:
C1 - 70 UMS
C2 - 77 UMS
S1B - 60 UMS

Further Maths:
FP1 - 59 UMS
D01 - 45 UMS (really thought this was easy)

Physics I expected it because i found the tests hard i just didnt find it easy at all
Biology i found really nice, like I thought i would get a B (just about)
My school hasnt said anything yet, since i was on holiday i was posted my results.
Sigh idk what to do

I see. Those are honestly some of the most difficult A-levels you could have picked, so don't be too disheartened. I also did Physics and throughout the whole of Year 12 (and parts of Year 13) I was just like 'what is actually going on here' and just felt really drained, dazed and confused after each lesson. it's not easy to get your head around, but just takes time to absorb the information.

I think right now the thing to do is to think about what you want to do in the future (whether it's university or a job, figure out what A-levels you need most).and work from there - perhaps you can talk with someone at your school to give you more personal advice. One possible route may be to resit Year 12, maybe drop Physics and Biology and pick up another subject, though if you want to persevere with one of them, that's fine. It's not the end of the world if you do Year 12 again - I know of people who've done so, done well the next time and gone on to get decent offers in Year 13.

I would not suggest giving up on Maths because it's something that can be easily improved, not to mention you were working at a good standard before exams in the different subjects. It's honestly something you could where you could resit some or all of the modules and get a high grade in it.

And you may feel disappointed now and slightly lost - I get that - but after a few days things should calm down and once you know which direction you're headed in, it'll get easier.

Quick Reply

Latest