Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Im currently going into A2 to study - sociology, politics and english lit. I want to study law but my friends have demotivated me as they have said it's a boring course and it's also really competitive etc etc. I want to work with humanitarian organisations such as the UN when im older, so if anyone can help me out on what I can study at uni to help me achieve that would be appreciated. P.S I really really enjoy sociology but i don't know about studying that at uni as im not sure what careers i could go into with that. Thanks!

If you're passionate about law then study law. It's all up to you, not your friends. That being said make sure you consider all your options and do some research, you've got a few months before you need to put forward your UCAS application so make it count! I studied Sociology at A level as well and enjoyed it a lot but I didn't follow it forward because of the same worries you have about it. Just keep researching It's your decision remember.

Law can be an incredibly rewarding degree, but yeah, I would recommend doing a week's worth of 1st Year Law degree reading if you can and see if that is something you can see yourself enjoying/coping with for three years.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.