The Student Room Group

My hair is getting thin

Im a 22 year old guy and have always had reasonably thick hair ... but recently im noticing my hair getting thin and also loosing its shine can anyone tell me how to prevent this?????
Put some coconut oil in it :biggrin:
Original post by Stinglikeabee
Im a 22 year old guy and have always had reasonably thick hair ... but recently im noticing my hair getting thin and also loosing its shine can anyone tell me how to prevent this?????

It's probably nothing to worry about but you should see a doctor soon. Hair loss and hair thinning is a symptom of some cancers. Although this is unlikely its best to be certain.

Other more likely reasons for hair loss could be a change in water, using washing up liquid instead of proper shampoo, ageing, poor hygiene, fleas.
Original post by Stinglikeabee

Make sure you're eating a nutritious diet with lots of water first of all. Eat lots of fish as well and avocado. Use argan oil and coconut oil on your hair as well
Reply 4
you have to do oil masks and choose suitable treatment according to the season
as for winter here http://eachthing.info/how-to-treat-hair-in-winter/ you can find some useful tips :h:
Original post by Ambitious1999
Hair loss and hair thinning is a symptom of some cancers. Although this is unlikely its best to be certain.

Other more likely reasons for hair loss could be a change in water, using washing up liquid instead of proper shampoo, ageing, poor hygiene, fleas.

Much the most likely reason, surely, is early onset male pattern baldness; this as opposed to cancer, fairly liquid or fleas.

I quite like the "could be cancer" advice as a strategy, though. What a relief when the doctor reports that he's just going bald.
I think I've been using washing up liquid on mine

Quick Reply

Latest