The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computing 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone been invited to interview on 23rd or 30th november yet?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 101
Original post by Jhon1998
Has anyone been invited to interview on 23rd or 30th november yet?

I got an interview on the 23rd of November. :smile:
Original post by TiernanW
I got an interview on the 23rd of November. :smile:

Congratulations! :smile: when did you send your application, and when did you recive the invitation?
Reply 103
Congratulations! :smile: when did you send your application, and when did you recive the invitation?

Thanks!

My application left school on the 14th of October and I received the invitation this morning.
Original post by TiernanW
Thanks!

My application left school on the 14th of October and I received the invitation this morning.

I sent my application on the 2nd of October, but I still don't have an invitation... do you think that my interview can be on November or I have to wait till Jenuary? I'm from Germany, so I don't know of things exactly work :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dfbenjamin
I was offered one of the 2nd but couldn't make it so it was rescheduled to the 23rd!

When did you send your application?
Reply 106
I applied last year at the beginning of October and didn't hear anything from them until I was given an interview in January, by which point I had finished my other four interviews already... don't start worrying about it just yet, plenty of time still to go!
Reply 107
I applied on the 6th of October and received an email from Imperial College on the 19th of October inviting me for an interview on the 2nd of November, but I rescheduled to the interview day on the 23rd of November. One of my teachers said to me that she's taught successful applicants who haven't heard from Imperial College until February, so I would't worry about not hearing back just yet.
Course: Computer Science MEing (Artificial Intelligence)
GCSE: 2A*s 5As, rest Bc and Cs
AS: A in MEI maths (rest are linear)
A2 predictions: A* (maths) A (economics) A (physics) A (AS FM)

Not the best academic record, but hopefully my PS and extra-curricular make up for it :biggrin:

My application to both Cambridge and Imperial was postponed due to a mix-up with my predicted grades, so I think I'll be among the latter group to receive an interview (if they decide to give me one).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 109
I sent my application on the 2nd of October, but I still don't have an invitation... do you think that my interview can be on November or I have to wait till Jenuary? I'm from Germany, so I don't know of things exactly work :biggrin:

Well provided they want to interview you then it could be later. No news is good news. If they looked at your application and decided they didn't want you already they would send a rejection, but they haven't done that. :smile:
Has anyone been invited to interview on 30th november yet? the wait is killing me:tongue:
Original post by thecsstudent
Hi everyone, got accepted into Imperial computing and starting there in october so if anyone has any questions about applying, interviews etc. feel free to ask :smile: I personally messed up my interview quite badly and missed my offer but somehow got in so don't get too worried if things don't go as expected

Around what date did you have your interview?
Hi! I've applied for Maths with computer science at imperial, sent my application of on October the 14th. My GCSE's were 7A*, 5A. My AS levels were 4 As (Maths, Futher Maths, Compuer Science, Chemistry) and I am predicted 3A*s (Maths, Futher Maths, Computer Science). Done quite a bit of work experience and extra curricular. Anybody heard back from Maths w/ CompSci? Interview etc? Not heard anything.. getting nervous.
The later the interview, the more time you have to prepare!
I applied in September and have an interview next Wednesday for JMC. I wouldn't worry too much about not hearing anything - I expect they just have a lot of applications to got through and I was probably towards the front of the queue. With your grades they'd be mad to not give you an interview!

Congrats! How you feeling for your interview, and what you doing in prep?
Reply 115
Haven't heard a thing. I'm not that hopeful though.
Reply 116
Also, to the person who doubts the 90% invited to interview get offers,

According to Which? university 32% of applicants to Computing BSc get offers, and according to Imperial they interview about a third of applicants.

This would make the figure more 97% of those invited to interview get a place. (although this is based on woolly stats I don't entirely trust)
I haven't really been preparing for it to be honest. I'm just gonna see how it goes on the day. Only thing I'm really trying to decide is what I should wear to be honest - I've seen some people say everyone wears a suit and others say no one wears a suit! I'm gonna go somewhere in the middle I think...

Good luck on your application by the way - have you heard anything from any other unis yet?

I honestly don't think they'll mind at all what you wear.. Maybe you dont want to turn up totally looking scruffy, but I think you should just wear something you feel comfortable in. They'll be people there in suits, but not everybody will be, (spoke to somebody who went down last year and he said it was about 60/40 split of suits).

And thanks :smile: ! Got offers so far from warwick for maths, and unconditional at lancaster for JMC. Waiting on imperial/oxford/st andrews. What about you?
Offer from Warwick for Discrete Maths and also an interview at Manchester coming up! Honestly I'm really happy with an offer for Warwick so I'm not feeling as worried about Oxford/Imperial as I would be. I'm guessing you applied for Maths+Compsci at Oxford too? How did you find the MAT?

I loved warwick! I honestly would love to go there but hoping really for oxford or imperial. Yeah I applied for Maths w/CompSci everywhere except warwick.

I applied to St. Johns for oxford aswell, what about you? And the MAT was okay i guess. It was hard.. but it was an oxford entrance exam so it was going to be hard!! Think I've done okay tbh, what about you?
Ehhh I'm not really sure. I think I maybe got 50s but it really depends on how the marks are split up

it is really so hard to try to tell how you've done. kinda hoping my grades are enough to get me an interview, even though I know how highly oxford value the MAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending