Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Artificial Intelligence and 3D Animation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hello everyone!
    I'm trying to find a master degree for my next year and I hope you could give me good advices, cause I'm italian and I really don't know where to look when it comes to studying abroad.
    Hope my english is good enought to be undestandable, I'm trying to improve it!
    I have two bachelor degrees: one in Industrial Design and one in Computer science, and I'm searching for a master degree abroad to make good use of both my artistic and scientific competences.
    If I could choose a field I'd love to work in the 3D Modeling/Animation field (read Pixar and Dreamworks here, I like to dream) cause I discovered the modeling in my design course and I loved it so much I decided to not go for a specialization in industrial design but to learn modeling for my own (in Italy all schools for animation and modeling are too much expensive) and now I'm learning character modeling.
    On the other hand if i should choose a specialization in computer science I'd go for Artificial Intelligence.
    So, these are my questions:
    1. Do you know of some master degrees that could help me to use both of my passions? I've read of the Msc in Animation and Digital effects at Bournemouth unviersity, do you know if it's good? Or do you have other suggestions?
    2. I've read that artificial intelligence can be used in many fields of computer animation and games, so studying it could be a good choice for me. I've taken a look at the Msc in Artificial Intelligence at the Unviersity of Edinburgh, is it good? Are there better universities in this field? Suggestions?
    Hope you could give me some advice, it's so difficult to look for information only on the internet
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.