Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

PGCE - Cert Ed

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Im apply for a MFA Fine Art and currently in the process of completing the Postgraduate Student Loan but im confused about one section.

I have a PGCE Cert-Ed, within the application it asks that do I already have a Postgraduate qualification; so I entered yes, but then it asks if I have a Postgraduae certificate in Education or a PGCE Cert. Im not 100% sure that I should have entered 'yes' in the first case and not so sure about the second option.

I've looked for contact details to ask directly to understand the difference, but unable to locate one yet the attached document states that my PGCE Cert-Ed isnt considered as a 'Masters'. My concern is that I may have selected the incorrect option which may either state that I am not permitted (despite the attached saying otherwise) or that I delay the application due to not selecting the correct option.

Are you able to advise which is which?!?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf SFE PG Loan Doc.pdf (80.2 KB, 10 views)

Hi there.

PGCE Cert-Ed, Post Graduate Certificate in Education and PGCE Cert are all the exact same postgraduate qualification.

You should have indicated that you do have a Postgrad qualification and that you do have a PGCE.

You can still get funding for a Postgrad Masters even if you have a PGCE.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2016
Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.