The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

GlitteryFairy
AAAAHHHH i want to go here so much its not fair and I just know that all the Oxbridge people who apply are going to get all the offers when they don't even want to go there! I was at Exeter uni last night and was quite tempted to go and leave a begging note in the Admissions Office! Although... not very impressed with Timepiece in Exeter which everyone seems to rave about... I thought it was a bit crap and am hoping that the rest of the nightlife is better!

- thanks! Will do... looks like a really good course

I'm not applying to Oxbridge and I've got an offer, so I wouldn't worry if I were you! :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
i got a History and German offer last week :biggrin: I'm hoping it will be my insurance if i get any more offers but am slightly calmer now knowing that i do have an offer from somewhere.
Reply 62
Eng Lit conditional- AAA!
I got my offer from exeter 2 weeks after I applied, so they are quick off the ball [unlike Bristol and Soton who I waited till March-ish till I got my offer - applied just after the oxbridge deadline!
Reply 64
GlitteryFairy
AAAAHHHH i want to go here so much its not fair and I just know that all the Oxbridge people who apply are going to get all the offers when they don't even want to go there! I was at Exeter uni last night and was quite tempted to go and leave a begging note in the Admissions Office! Although... not very impressed with Timepiece in Exeter which everyone seems to rave about... I thought it was a bit crap and am hoping that the rest of the nightlife is better!

- thanks! Will do... looks like a really good course

People tend to go to Timepiece on a Wednesday, so I'm guessing it was pretty quiet? I don't think Timepiece is the best-loved club, actually, but I don't know many people who go on a Thursday. It's weird, but each club kind of has its own night - you'll get into it when you come here :wink::biggrin:
supercat
People tend to go to Timepiece on a Wednesday, so I'm guessing it was pretty quiet? I don't think Timepiece is the best-loved club, actually, but I don't know many people who go on a Thursday. It's weird, but each club kind of has its own night - you'll get into it when you come here :wink::biggrin:

Yeah never been out in Exeter before but everyone at my Sixth Form goes on about Timepiece... also it was the closest one I knew of... I know Arena and Mambo are a bit of a mission from the centre. It was quite busy though, considering it wasn't Friday or Saturday!

And also.... don't you mean IF I come here!
x
GlitteryFairy
Yeah never been out in Exeter before but everyone at my Sixth Form goes on about Timepiece... also it was the closest one I knew of... I know Arena and Mambo are a bit of a mission from the centre. It was quite busy though, considering it wasn't Friday or Saturday!

And also.... don't you mean IF I come here!
x

Nah :wink: You will come here cos its the best place :biggrin:
IF I get a place!
Reply 68
Arena's not a mission, it's in the centre!
Mambo, however, is a bit of a trek, as is that pit of hell, Volts (or whatever it's called now).
It's much less central than Timepiece, it's hardly on the High Street, it's off the top of Sidwell Street!
Reply 70
I'd call that central personally :smile:
Agree to disagree! =)
Reply 72
It is central if you're coming from Streatham campus, and probably if you're coming from St Luke's. The further along the High Street you go, the further away from campus you're getting :wink:
Reply 73
You'll get one i'm sure Maz. Exeter rocks your socks I'm pretty sure!
Joe555
You'll get one i'm sure Maz. Exeter rocks your socks I'm pretty sure!

lol, unfortunately without my magical UCAS crystal ball there is no way of knowing. :frown: :wink:
Angelil
It is central if you're coming from Streatham campus, and probably if you're coming from St Luke's. The further along the High Street you go, the further away from campus you're getting :wink:

... we weren't coming from either, although we had been at the Streatham campus earlier on... so that probably explains where the confusion comes from!
Got an offer today from exeter AAB Politics and Economics.

My first offer so i'm rather ecstatic :biggrin:
Arena is not a trek! From lafrowda it's rather close and not even that hilly. not been in timepiece, queued for it a few times but ended up elsewhere.
Mambo was a bit chavvy but £1 entry and £1 drinks cant really go wrong(entrance normally a fiver though i think which i wouldnt pay), except when you mix red and white wine. never again.
Personally I love Ricoco's because its full of old people and good (pricey) cocktails. And i also love Vaults on gandy street cos it's the only gay bar and it's so funny. I think Vault near mambo is called riva now. heard that it's crap.
Basically, the imperial and the ship inn is where it's at.
and now I sound like an alcoholic.

but come to exeter, it's good. and choose lafrowda for your accomodation. it may be bricky but im living with such brilliant people!
romeosbitch
Arena is not a trek! From lafrowda it's rather close and not even that hilly. not been in timepiece, queued for it a few times but ended up elsewhere.
Mambo was a bit chavvy but £1 entry and £1 drinks cant really go wrong(entrance normally a fiver though i think which i wouldnt pay), except when you mix red and white wine. never again.
Personally I love Ricoco's because its full of old people and good (pricey) cocktails. And i also love Vaults on gandy street cos it's the only gay bar and it's so funny. I think Vault near mambo is called riva now. heard that it's crap.

but come to exeter, it's good. and choose lafrowda for your accomodation. it may be bricky but im living with such brilliant people!

Lol i'm bored of the Arena debate now... from where I was with sore feet as well, it was a mission... sorted! :biggrin:

Yeah I'm loving the Imperial (every student loves a 'Spoons) except the mirrored bit at the back is a bit confusing after a few drinks, never been to the Ship... where's that to?
romeosbitch

Cook Mews is better :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending