Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

International application deadlines

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hey guys,

Me and my friends are all thinking about studying abroad (we are from Hungary), but looking up all the deadines is extremely hard! Could you guys help me find them all? I need mostly western European deadlines, such as Netherlands, Germany, France and Belgium.
    I know that they might differ by regions and universities, but if you could just give me a guideline or something, that would be lovely . Thanks!

look for them in the summer... like now, or when YOU have time.

Also, usually private unis and public have different deadlines. Certain degrees have different deadlines (e.g medicine, and art degrees), etc...
    Also, it's a research that takes hours.. and i doubt someone will do it for you.

How to do it:
    - decide the subject/field
    - look at ratings (not only topuniversities, but look for national ones..)- in this way you get familiar with the uni
    - look for articles "how to study at xxx", or "how to apply to xxx"
    - don't give up (it will take HOURS!! to understand the different school systems), and remeber : google is your best friend, also facebook (try groups for international applicants,etc..)
    - once you understood how it works, start with the application program

advice 1 : if the countries have very different school systems, don't apply to a uni in each one. You will get crazy trying to understand 4/5 different schools systems...
    advice 2: understand what you want from uni. Different countries will give you different experiences. Start from that
    final advice: everyone that wanted to study abroad knows that it is a long process. It's not easy. Research is part of that. You need for look for things... if you have a specific problem ask, and it will be answered. But no one is going to do this kind of work for you

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.