The Student Room Group

where can i apply with my As grades?Ucas

Hey there , a couple of days ago i got my results from As AQA exams , i have been thinking about doing chemistry at uni , but my problem , with the grades i got which is the best uni i can get in to?
I got a
A in Spanish
B in biology
A chemistry
B maths , however i was 2 marks close to a A
i would like to do a master in chemistry , i have some unis on mind
Leicester , loughborough ,aston and sussex. I would like to apply to birmingham uni , but i need another A in maths
Help !!
No university requires applicants to get certain grades in their AS', it's your overall A level grade that counts. Do you know your predicted grades yet? If not, you need to wait and see what your teachers think. But based on your AS results I think you could apply to pretty much any university.
Original post by Sarango
Hey there , a couple of days ago i got my results from As AQA exams , i have been thinking about doing chemistry at uni , but my problem , with the grades i got which is the best uni i can get in to?
I got a
A in Spanish
B in biology
A chemistry
B maths , however i was 2 marks close to a A
i would like to do a master in chemistry , i have some unis on mind
Leicester , loughborough ,aston and sussex. I would like to apply to birmingham uni , but i need another A in maths
Help !!

You can apply to better unis than that!

1. First off get that maths remarked, chances are you might be about to claw 2 marks to give you that A.
2. You would then have AAA, so your world is effectively your oyster!
3. I'd recommend applying to Bristol, Nottingham, Bath, Edinburgh and Southampton.

Insider tip: Southampton is a very well regarded university (easily top 20) but they always struggle to fill their MChem course and are usually in clearing (which means if you get a place it's a fairly safe bet - and a fantastic name for your cv!). My friends sister got in with ABCC (Chem, maths, physics, FM) last year through clearing. Which is crazy because it's such a good uni! So I would 100% recommend applying there as I think it's much more prestigious than the ones you listed! (Even if you just have it as an insurance choice)

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I think i will retake the maths exams to get more ums rather than send them to remark . Is it that easy to get into Southampton? I have sussex on mind , i like it because it's close to where my brother is studying .
I would like to know , can i apply for the Bsc and then after the second year move into the Msc? The Bsc asks for lower grades
Original post by Sarango
I think i will retake the maths exams to get more ums rather than send them to remark . Is it that easy to get into Southampton? I have sussex on mind , i like it because it's close to where my brother is studying .
I would like to know , can i apply for the Bsc and then after the second year move into the Msc? The Bsc asks for lower grades

Hey, from my experience you should be fine getting into Southampton - and it's a great uni! I think you need 60%+ in first year to get onto the Msc course, so it's up to you. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest