The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Accommodation 2016 - Leodis

Hi I would much appreciate any help and advice with my accommodation at Leeds!
Leodis was my choice accommodation, as it was relatively cheap, close to campus and the rooms were nice. Today I got emailed my allocated room at Leodis but I was slightly disappointed that it was in Block A. Because after doing some research I read some pretty nasty reviews about living in this particular block. It has no lift (which in itself I don't mind too much), but apparently it has quite a lonely and depressing feel and look, social life isn't great and some services like WiFi and heating are not up to scratch (apparently). It certainly doesn't look very appealing from the outside, I have no idea what it looks like from the inside. On the other hand, there are some really good reviews from people living in the other blocks in the area.
I'm not sure whether to accept this room, or perhaps do a room swap or even look for non-university accommodation. Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences at Block A, or lived in Block A and experienced problems with social life, services or management? I got less than 4 days to make a decision :frown:
Original post by humzaakram1
I really want to go to this accommodation, when did you receive the email that you got the leodis offer?

Ahhhhhh ok, I just got it 4 hours ago
(edited 7 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by humzaakram1
I really want to go to this accommodation, when did you receive the email that you got the leodis offer?

I'm probably going to accept this room offer anyway, because pretty much every accommodation I looked into seems to have at least some sort of bad reviews, no place is perfect.:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest