The Student Room Group

Great GCSEs, Mixed AS results, brilliant predicted grades?

Hello,
Just come to talk about my concerns.
I usually do very well in lessons at my school, since starting school and at GCSE achieved a whole string of (vast majority) A* grades, with a couple of As (I did 12 subjects).
I worked A LOT harder in my AS year, started revision early, even did many past papers and scored As in almost all of them.
However, I didn't feel very well in the vast majority of my exams, panicking, hayfever and so on, but despite that I thought I did very well in my exams, comparing my answers with the unofficial mark schemes and all and marking against them. I was positive I could have don very well.
However, I received my results a few days ago and I did not do as well as I thought, with only ACC. My teachers were deeply shocked to see my results, and I cried for two days straight and couldn't eat properly. I asked my teachers for my predicted grades and they predicted me A*A*A which looks totally fake opposed to ACC, and the university course is asking for A*AA (with at least an A in maths). I will resit all my modules I got a C in, and the other one, as it is reformed, will be wiped off the system and my teachers are promising me to put me into some special system/class where they can raise my grade. My A is already cashed in.
I talked to my teacher, who says "I can still apply to my preferred university". Seriously?

What do I do?
Or I could work MY SOCKS OFF, get even better A2 grades and apply 2018.
Just to let you know, I felt HORRIBLE during the exam season, physically

Quick Reply

Latest