The Student Room Group

Am I aiming too high?

Hi, i got AAAB in my AS levels (As in law, English lit and psychology, a high B in philosophy)
I want to do a qualifying law degree but I am also very interested in philosophy and politics. The philosophy politics and law degree at Kings College London seems like the perfect course but the entry requirements are A*AA- would I stand a chance of getting an offer if I applied, or am I best off applying for less competitive universities? (Also considering that there are only 30 places on the course - or so I've read)
Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by under-the-ivy
Hi, i got AAAB in my AS levels (As in law, English lit and psychology, a high B in philosophy)
I want to do a qualifying law degree but I am also very interested in philosophy and politics. The philosophy politics and law degree at Kings College London seems like the perfect course but the entry requirements are A*AA- would I stand a chance of getting an offer if I applied, or am I best off applying for less competitive universities?
Thank you!

provided you get the predictions, and good LNAT score, you stand a good chance :smile:*
Original post by under-the-ivy
I want to do a qualifying law degree but I am also very interested in philosophy and politics. The philosophy politics and law degree at Kings College London seems like the perfect course but the entry requirements are A*AA- would I stand a chance of getting an offer if I applied, or am I best off applying for less competitive universities?
Thank you!

Hi! In my AS levels, I achieved the same as you, AAAB (but in maths, physics, DT and Eng Lit). This year for my A-Levels, I came out with A*A*A* with an A* EPQ and an added A in AS Fmaths. Anything is possible if you aim high and put in the hours of work! Keep practicing and don't stop until you reach what you need!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending