The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Any PG at Nutford House ?

Hi,

I'm a PG student at KCL (LLM) and I just found out that I have been allocated a room in Nutford House ! Very disappointed, I asked for an en-suite, self-catered accomodation and I did get exactly the opposite...:s-smilie:

But what worries me the most is that Nutford House is mostly an UG hall...

Does anyone had an experience at Nutford House as a PG student ? Do you know if they usually put the PG students together ?

Also I'm looking for a bit of intimacy, a quiet place so maybe Nutford isn't the right place to live ? Don't know if I should accept the offer but then I'll have to find a private accommodation. Has anyone heard of Unite residences ?

Any advice will be useful as I live in France and can't visit the halls until I get to London in Sept.

Thanks.
Reply 1
What a disappointment! It's curious that they would allocate you to Nutford, when they clearly state that it's mostly on undergraduate hall. Is there ANY way to clarify or to seek a change? I know it would likely be hard, but it might be worth a try. Did you even list Nutford as any of your choices? I don't know much about this hall, but hopefully others will reply and let you know if there are other PGs there. If so, from my understanding, they do make an effort to group postgrads together. It might not be that bad if that's the case. Good luck!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
May I ask what your accommodation preferences were??
Maybe if you decline the offer you can ask to be reconsidered in a future round of allocations?
Good luck!
Reply 3
didin
Hi,

I'm a PG student at KCL (LLM) and I just found out that I have been allocated a room in Nutford House ! Very disappointed, I asked for an en-suite, self-catered accomodation and I did get exactly the opposite...:s-smilie:

But what worries me the most is that Nutford House is mostly an UG hall...

Does anyone had an experience at Nutford House as a PG student ? Do you know if they usually put the PG students together ?

Also I'm looking for a bit of intimacy, a quiet place so maybe Nutford isn't the right place to live ? Don't know if I should accept the offer but then I'll have to find a private accommodation. Has anyone heard of Unite residences ?

Any advice will be useful as I live in France and can't visit the halls until I get to London in Sept.

Thanks.

Sorry guys to intrude in this room...thought this might help...i had a very similar thread in the Imperial room....Didin you can check that out:smile:
Thanks
Reply 4
Thanks everyone for your answers.
I don't remember my preferences exactly but my first choices were all en-suite and self catered like Stamford Street, Lilian Penson...and Nutford was one of the last.
Anyway I'm now waiting to receive the letter from the accomodation office and if I've been allocated to a double room I will refuse. If it's a single it might not be that bad... It's just that I've had a bad experience 2 years ago when I lived with 1st year students and I was only 22. Now that the age gap is even bigger I fear to live the same experience again. But I think my flatmates were particularly horrible.
Maybe I'll accept the offer because if I decline this one I don't think they will propose me something better...
All I can do now is wait.
Hope you had more luck with your accomm choices...
Btw Tortugas thank you! I've checked your post in the Imperial room. It looks like I'm not the only PG in Nutford:biggrin:
Reply 5
:smile:Hey no problem! I am sure you are not the only one .... infact there are approx. 30 PG seats at NH!!!:p:

Latest