The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Opinions on Senghennydd Court?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Umaji
Literally after I posted that message I realised what it all meant lol. Yea should be fine, it's annoying that the price rises but I should get one by the fourth release so hopefully it won't be too much. Did you buy yours today? I must have literally just missed it

Yea there's the week 2 one only available but it's not really worth it, are you going to the mtv thing?

Thanks for your help btw, I appreciate it

No problem. I bought mine today at around 6:30, I think they normally take a couple of hours to sell out. I'm not going to the MTV concert thing cause I don't really like the music tbh :tongue:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Umaji
Yea having looked at the map I'm amazed at how close seng court is to pretty much everything and anything. I'm glad I'm not stuck with the silverfish infestation going on, I found out after and I was so glad, I couldn't handle that. Hopefully it's social as well, sucks there's no common room or lounge but it's not a big deal when you're so close to the city centre.
Yea I guess you're right, can't wait to move in now!

Oh ****, I'd heard about the silverfish thing and I thought it was only in Taly North or something. I'm pretty glad I'm not going there now, lol. :biggrin:
Reply 22
Anyone in House K? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Umaji
I'm in flat 5, please say you're also 😩

No! I'm flat 2 on the ground floor but you never know the flats may be close together :frown:
anyone else in house c flat 3? :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by miri178
No! I'm flat 2 on the ground floor but you never know the flats may be close together :frown:

I'm just the floor above I think, so still pretty close! What are you studying?
Reply 26
Original post by Umaji
I'm just the floor above I think, so still pretty close! What are you studying?

That's good! Medical Pharmacology.... you?
Reply 27
Original post by miri178
That's good! Medical Pharmacology.... you?

Oh that's interesting! I'm studying Environmental Geography... What you doing for freshers?
Reply 28
Original post by Umaji
Oh that's interesting! I'm studying Environmental Geography... What you doing for freshers?

That's cool! I have no idea yet may just wait and see what happens when I arrive.... you?
Reply 29
Original post by miri178
That's cool! I have no idea yet may just wait and see what happens when I arrive.... you?

I was thinking to do the same, but now I'm wondering whether or not it might be a good idea to buy the paper party wristband 😁
Reply 30
Original post by Umaji
I was thinking to do the same, but now I'm wondering whether or not it might be a good idea to buy the paper party wristband 😁

Second to last release was yesterday at 6pm, try and see if they're still available
Reply 31
Original post by Pedr0
Second to last release was yesterday at 6pm, try and see if they're still available

Is it worth it for £85? 🙄
Reply 32
Original post by Umaji
Is it worth it for £85? 🙄

No idea
Reply 33
Original post by Pedr0
Ah crap, I saw this just after I bought a wristband! :tongue: I guess if my housemates are going to any of the events I might tag along.

Hey I bought a paper wristband and I don't know anybody that's going to Cardiff uni. Im so gutted now incase none of the people in my flat are going 😂
Anyone in house H flat 4? And I've got the paper parties wrist band hopefully I'll have some people to go with 😂
I’m aware that this an old question but I’m hoping my response is helpful for new students also reading this thread. I moved into Senghennydd Court in September 2019, into House F. I was worried about sharing a bathroom, and I’d not heard good things about Seng. But, much to my surprise I absolutely loved it. Location: Seng has the best location out of all of the other accommodation. It’s a three minute walk from the SU, 5 minutes away from town, within 10 minutes for all of the uni buildings. There’s absolutely no need to get a tact after a night out. Kitchen: Again, cleaners come in once a week to clean the kitchen (and bathroom). The kitchens are small, don’t expect to have 2 cupboards entire to yourself. Most people have a kitchen that resembles a corridor with an unequal number of cupboards to share. But, they’re modern, clean and great when shared with the right company. Bathroom: Not terrible. As long as everyone’s cleans up after themselves it’s not a problem. Also clashes were never really a problem. Bedroom: First, you cannot control the radiator yourself, it runs on a timer, so the room is always hot. The rooms are old fashioned but clean, single beds, bring a comfortable mattress topper because the beds are NOT comfortable. Storage however is pretty good, you get three drawers and a single side wardrobe. The rooms are not massive, so keep possessions to a minimal I would. All in all, my year at Senghennydd was a pleasure. I met some fantastic friends from all over the UK. If you’re disappointed about getting this accommodation just remember that it’s more about the people you’re with, you’ll make great friends from above and below your flat. And most importantly the year will go very quickly, so enjoy it while it lasts!
Original post by MeganP82
I’m aware that this an old question but I’m hoping my response is helpful for new students also reading this thread. I moved into Senghennydd Court in September 2019, into House F. I was worried about sharing a bathroom, and I’d not heard good things about Seng. But, much to my surprise I absolutely loved it. Location: Seng has the best location out of all of the other accommodation. It’s a three minute walk from the SU, 5 minutes away from town, within 10 minutes for all of the uni buildings. There’s absolutely no need to get a tact after a night out. Kitchen: Again, cleaners come in once a week to clean the kitchen (and bathroom). The kitchens are small, don’t expect to have 2 cupboards entire to yourself. Most people have a kitchen that resembles a corridor with an unequal number of cupboards to share. But, they’re modern, clean and great when shared with the right company. Bathroom: Not terrible. As long as everyone’s cleans up after themselves it’s not a problem. Also clashes were never really a problem. Bedroom: First, you cannot control the radiator yourself, it runs on a timer, so the room is always hot. The rooms are old fashioned but clean, single beds, bring a comfortable mattress topper because the beds are NOT comfortable. Storage however is pretty good, you get three drawers and a single side wardrobe. The rooms are not massive, so keep possessions to a minimal I would. All in all, my year at Senghennydd was a pleasure. I met some fantastic friends from all over the UK. If you’re disappointed about getting this accommodation just remember that it’s more about the people you’re with, you’ll make great friends from above and below your flat. And most importantly the year will go very quickly, so enjoy it while it lasts!

I totally second all of this! I moved in in September 2017 and we had such a great community as it's such a small halls too! The flats themselves aren't great but that's totally trumped by the fact it's literally right next to Queen Street and super cheap. Me and all of my friends would have stayed after first year if it was possible:smile:

Quick Reply