The Student Room Group

Anyone resitting old spec bio AS/A2 exams in june 2017?

Hi their,I need to resit some exams for the aqa bio a2 exams this year in june 2017.Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?Or if u are resitting any other exams?Wanna feel more comfortable it is not just me =(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CrazyFoxes
Hi their,I need to resit some exams for the aqa bio a2 exams this year in june 2017.Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?Or if u are resitting any other exams?Wanna feel more comfortable it is not just me =(

Hi,

Sorry I don't think it's no longer possible . This summer was the final time to sit the old spec biology exams. If you want to resit any biology exams you'll have to do the new spec meaning you'll have to do the whole a level again.
Reply 2
Original post by alanconnel
Hi,

Sorry I don't think it's no longer possible . This summer was the final time to sit the old spec biology exams. If you want to resit any biology exams you'll have to do the new spec meaning you'll have to do the whole a level again.

I have already done the alevel biology(All units) old-spec.If u done the units and want to resit any of them,u can redo them last time in 2017 summer:smile:

Check the table:http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN17-CONFIRMED.PDF

Got me worried their hehe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alanconnel
Hi,

Hi So I got a U at AS Biology but I know why I got that and know what I have to do to get a good grade at Biology. I am prepared to work hard. I therefore want to retake year 12 but sixth forms wont allow me to do so. :frown: What can I do? Should I try other sixth forms? Will there be any sixth forms that will accept me?
Reply 4
Original post by Abirella
Hi So I got a U at AS Biology but I know why I got that and know what I have to do to get a good grade at Biology. I am prepared to work hard. I therefore want to retake year 12 but sixth forms wont allow me to do so. :frown: What can I do? Should I try other sixth forms? Will there be any sixth forms that will accept me?

Possibly not with a U grade.6th form will let u on if u do different subjects tho.If u want to resit it,u must do the new spec or find a centre and become a private candidate.
Reply 5
Hi , me and my friend are in the exam same boat as you i didnt get great this results day so decided i to resit. But no colleges will accept a student like me due to the changes in specification. They said that theonly thing we can do is sit the exams as an external student, so it looks like i will have to learn everything again at home by myself with out a teacher. dont know how I am going to cope tbh. Also you can resit AS exams so that calmed me down a lot.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bigz98
Hi , me and my friend are in the exam same boat as you i didnt get great this results day so decided i to resit. But no colleges will accept a student like me due to the changes in specification. They said that theonly thing we can do is sit the exams as an external student, so it looks like i will have to learn everything again at home by myself with out a teacher. dont know how I am going to cope tbh. Also you can resit AS exams so that calmed me down a lot.

Does that mean you have to pay for the exams your resitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Abirella
Does that mean you have to pay for the exams your resitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes we do have to pay, i calculated that my 6 exams comes to roughly £85, which was the cost of one a level anyway ( I am doing AQA in case you are wondering) I am glad though that i can resit AS again, because my sixth form teachers told me this wasn't allowed, since they thought no more AS papers were going to be produced. However the AQA exam timetable shows that this is not the case.
Also the cost may be slightly more if the centre you are sitting the exams at charge an admin fee.
Original post by bigz98
Yes we do have to pay, i calculated that my 6 exams comes to roughly £85, which was the cost of one a level anyway ( I am doing AQA in case you are wondering) I am glad though that i can resit AS again, because my sixth form teachers told me this wasn't allowed, since they thought no more AS papers were going to be produced. However the AQA exam timetable shows that this is not the case.
Also the cost may be slightly more if the centre you are sitting the exams at charge an admin fee.

Is this for AS exams only or the whole A-level Biology exams? :biggrin: Thanks.
im resitting aqa bio, the old spec unit 1,4 and 5 in 2017, absolutely crapping myself! got to do it as an external candidate aswell. I'm paying for each unit
Original post by Ismail786
im resitting aqa bio, the old spec unit 1,4 and 5 in 2017, absolutely crapping myself! got to do it as an external candidate aswell. I'm paying for each unit

Same.Must work hard :tongue:
How much u paying per unit?I am paying £60 per unit cuz its the only school near my area and its a grammer school so yea.. no choice.
Reply 11
I am also resitting, I am doing BIOL5. How is everybody going to revise for this?
Reply 12
Also I have been told I have the knowledge but not the exam technique. How would I improve on exam technique?
Reply 13
Original post by hanniej
I am also resitting, I am doing BIOL5. How is everybody going to revise for this?

I think I may have to get a tutor to help with the synoptic essay, then revise as normal for everything else.
Reply 14
Original post by bigz98
I think I may have to get a tutor to help with the synoptic essay, then revise as normal for everything else.

Okay yeh that's a good idea. I am going away from mid November to end of April so it will be a bit of a push :/
Reply 15
Hello Im doing new bio alevel for this summer 2017 I am wondering if you could spare your time to give tips to me on how to improve exam techniques, synoptic essays (English is not my first language but I can speak fluently) and I am worried if I am not good at english as you, will they mark me down?
Original post by CrazyFoxes

I am resitting the AQA Biology Units 2,4 and 5 old spec exams! So good to see i'm not alone! :':wink: I have been going to lessons for the new spec exams as they are quite similar to help with revision and also been having a tutor to help out mainly with the synoptic essays.

How are people finding the revision? and whats occurring basically haha
Reply 17
:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by BillyBrowning
I am resitting the AQA Biology Units 2,4 and 5 old spec exams! So good to see i'm not alone! :':wink: I have been going to lessons for the new spec exams as they are quite similar to help with revision and also been having a tutor to help out mainly with the synoptic essays.

How are people finding the revision? and whats occurring basically haha

Hey I'm doing the unit 5 paper as well! Do you have any tips for the essay or any idea what the topics may be??
Finding it hard to remember everything
Hi there,

I retook BIOL4 and I am going to sit my BIOL5 paper on the 20th of June.
The BIOL4 had many repeated questions from past papers
My friend re-took BIOL2 and said the paper also was full of repeated past paper questions
I think the BIOL5 paper will have repeats but I don't think the synoptic essay will be from the pps.
I've only done the essays that have been predicted on TSR and my normal BIOL5 revision.
Do you think the essay will be repeated too?

Quick Reply

Latest