The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

What's the rate for the uni gym?

If i am not a student of University of Coventry, what's the rate for the uni gym?
Reply 1
I want to know too.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
I think I paid £90 for the academic year (September to May), and that was just for classes. I believe it was £130 for use of the gym and classes. I didn't think it was worth it, I used it about 5 times before joining pure gym for £19.99 a month, which included a great gym with plenty of classes and good shower facilities.
Reply 3
Original post by ReesLiv888
I think I paid £90 for the academic year (September to May), and that was just for classes. I believe it was £130 for use of the gym and classes. I didn't think it was worth it, I used it about 5 times before joining pure gym for £19.99 a month, which included a great gym with plenty of classes and good shower facilities.

Yeah, I went and checked and it was 130 a year for all classes/gym/swimming right?
Which ends up being around 11pounds per month so isn't that better than Pure Gym? Pure Gym doesn't have as many facilities as the uni one I'd expect?
Original post by NandishV
Yeah, I went and checked and it was 130 a year for all classes/gym/swimming right?
Which ends up being around 11pounds per month so isn't that better than Pure Gym? Pure Gym doesn't have as many facilities as the uni one I'd expect?

Yes, I'm not sure if that includes swimming though as the swimming pool is in a different gym. I think for that gym it's £17.99 a month, but the actual gym itself is apparently really poor!
Technically yes it is cheaper than Pure Gym but I do classes and there were far more classes at Pure Gym, so probably better value for money for me. I also think Pure Gym has more machines and more variety of weights. But I guess it just depends on what you want out of it!
Reply 5
Original post by ReesLiv888
Yes, I'm not sure if that includes swimming though as the swimming pool is in a different gym. I think for that gym it's £17.99 a month, but the actual gym itself is apparently really poor!
Technically yes it is cheaper than Pure Gym but I do classes and there were far more classes at Pure Gym, so probably better value for money for me. I also think Pure Gym has more machines and more variety of weights. But I guess it just depends on what you want out of it!

Hey, so there's 2 gyms then, one has swimming and one doesn't?
I mean swimming isn't really a biggy but still! What type of classes does Pure Gym offer?
Also are both of the uni ones poor or just the swimming pool one?
Thanks
I don't think that there's a rate, as long as you come prepared.

Keep in mind that the gym in Coventry is a Poison-type gym, so bring some Ground, Psychic and Steel-types, and avoid using Grass and Fairy-types. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest