The Student Room Group

What textbooks do I need for first year LLB Law

I'll be studying LLB Law at Teesside University this September and I'm at a loss at which textbooks to purchase to help my first year of studying and wondering if anyone could recommend any good textbooks that could help me, as I have no clue.

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by leeljoa
I'll be studying LLB Law at Teesside University this September and I'm at a loss at which textbooks to purchase to help my first year of studying and wondering if anyone could recommend any good textbooks that could help me, as I have no clue.

Check with your university and see if they're providing a reading list. Whether they provide one or not, don't rush to buy a lot of textbooks; not all will necessarily prove to be useful, and lots should be in your university library, potentially negating the need for you to purchase them.
Reply 2
Original post by leeljoa

Hi there

We're looking forward to you starting with us in September (not long to go :smile:).

You'll receive lots of information about your course during the welcome period (this begins with our welcome day on Sunday 25 September). You'll also have the chance to ask questions and find out more about reading lists then.

In the meantime, here are the contact details for your new academic School in case you'd like to get in touch to find out more.

You might also find our freshers' site useful.

Congratulations for securing your place :clap2:.... we'll look forward to you joining us!
Reply 3
Original post by leeljoa

As Teeside have said you'll get info about each module and will get a reading list. It might be the case that your modules have one specific textbook which the lectures/seminars are structurally based on. However, you could also be told here are three good books to choose from, use any you wish. If it is the latter then go down to the library in your first week and take a look at them to see which style you like. Some will be big hefty ones with block text throughout, others might have more broken down chapters with cases in separate boxes etc. Buy the one you like the most and then you can take a look at the other books in the library when needs be.
Original post by leeljoa

Hi there, if you have found out the modules you are studying and which textbooks you need then I have a lot of unused brand new textbooks which are in perfect condition. I can sell them to you for very cheap as I am nearly done with my studies. if you are interested then please let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending