The Student Room Group

Getting onto an Msc with a BA?

i'm currently studying a BA in History and French and following graduation intend on applying for an Msc in management or marketing. While the courses i've been looking at are designed for students from any discipline, I can't help thinking that this means students who may have done something like a Bsc in economics for example.

Could anyone tell me the likelihood of getting onto an Msc course with my BA, or are they more designed for students with a Bsc?
Original post by Pai95
i'm currently studying a BA in History and French and following graduation intend on applying for an Msc in management or marketing. While the courses i've been looking at are designed for students from any discipline, I can't help thinking that this means students who may have done something like a Bsc in economics for example.

Could anyone tell me the likelihood of getting onto an Msc course with my BA, or are they more designed for students with a Bsc?

No, makes no difference. The reason for it being called an MSc will be a purely budgetary/funding issue. History/French to Management/MArketing will be the issue (and probably not much of one), the BA to MSc is semantics.
I have a BA in Classics and got into a MSc in Strategic Marketing at Imperial. Depends on the course of course but as long as you know how to translate the skills learned in your BA into applicable skills for the MSc it's fine, especially as marketing and management tend to be more qualitative skills than quantitative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending