The Student Room Group

Is it worth resitting my AS exam??

I know my AS levels don't count for anything this year but I got a C in my history exam, despite getting A's throughout the year. I wanted to study history at uni so I'm upset about this. Is it worth resitting the exam (without redoing the whole year) or do I just leave it?
just let it go.
If you think you can do better then yes defo take a gap year! I know it doesn't seem like the ideal answer to your problem but in the long run you won't regret it. I think your problem is that you need to try and deal with exam stress since you've been getting As throughout the year but a C in the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Leave it. It's very hard to do better in a subject if you haven't studied it for a year. If you are continuing History next year then the AS becomes irrelevant when you have the A level.
Reply 4
Original post by H1212
I know my AS levels don't count for anything this year but I got a C in my history exam, despite getting A's throughout the year. I wanted to study history at uni so I'm upset about this. Is it worth resitting the exam (without redoing the whole year) or do I just leave it?

i would as getting high as grades can save you in a2.
I'd resit the exam. If you want to do it at uni you should try and get a higher grade in it.
Reply 6
Original post by Will2610
i would as getting high as grades can save you in a2.

This is one of the new linear A levels so the AS does not contribute to the A level.

Quick Reply

Latest