The Student Room Group

finding it hard to find my dream job

Hi guys first of all i wanna say i hope you're having a wonderful sunday, i came on here today to look for your guys help, at this time i'm really not enjoying my retail jobs, all i seem to do is work 7 days a week and have no time to do anything i want to do my self, not just that but i've been working at one company for almost a year without any change or pay or promotion, to me it seems like im in the exact same position as i was in the first week of my job and i know i put 110% effort into my work everyday and it seems all the managers take the credit for the staff's work.

i'm grateful to have both my jobs but i feel like i'm wasting my time and not making enough money or progress for myself, i really want to pursue a job with video games but i've spent month looking for opportunities and nothing has popped up, i know it's a broad area to work in, but i was just wondering if you guys could give me any tips what companies to look for etc, i appreciate you all taking the time out of your day to help me and hopefully i haven't rambled on too much, my brain is just fried and i feel a bit down, but hey ho :]
Original post by fireballxray
Hi guys first of all i wanna say i hope you're having a wonderful sunday, i came on here today to look for your guys help, at this time i'm really not enjoying my retail jobs, all i seem to do is work 7 days a week and have no time to do anything i want to do my self, not just that but i've been working at one company for almost a year without any change or pay or promotion, to me it seems like im in the exact same position as i was in the first week of my job and i know i put 110% effort into my work everyday and it seems all the managers take the credit for the staff's work.

i'm grateful to have both my jobs but i feel like i'm wasting my time and not making enough money or progress for myself, i really want to pursue a job with video games but i've spent month looking for opportunities and nothing has popped up, i know it's a broad area to work in, but i was just wondering if you guys could give me any tips what companies to look for etc, i appreciate you all taking the time out of your day to help me and hopefully i haven't rambled on too much, my brain is just fried and i feel a bit down, but hey ho :]

I think its a good idea to get contacts from the companies and ask about doing work experience or internship, get your foot in the door.
Have you thought about doing a course in your free time that would help you into a career with video games? What about one in coding, or computer game design etc.
Original post by fireballxray

I don't know how to get into it but if you just type video games jobs or gamer jobs on google something might come up.
If you don't succeed in getting those jobs then apply for Trainee Recruitment, Trainee estate agents jobs like Foxton's on google and Reed, CV Library, Monster, Indeed online or go to an agency like Reed on the street. I hated doing retail after a while and never want to go back so i apply for those other jobs because they pay better money and better prospects. If your not intersted in those maybe try being a film extra and other interesting jobs like that.
Type www.star now and capital casting on google for film extra jobs where you might be able to make extra money if you have any days off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending