The Student Room Group

student loan-paying for accommodation

My first accommodation instalment is due on the 12th, but i have no idea when my student loan is put in my account, what happens if it comes into my account after the instalment is due? Can my accommodation not allow me to have the room or do they just take it when the money comes?
Reply 1
Bump. ( need help with this too )
Original post by Georgia18598
My first accommodation instalment is due on the 12th, but i have no idea when my student loan is put in my account, what happens if it comes into my account after the instalment is due? Can my accommodation not allow me to have the room or do they just take it when the money comes?

Hello :biggrin:

If you've applied for Student Finance England and it's all gone through and accepted and you are now waiting for your payments, you should be able to log back into Student Finance England and then you can look at the payment schedule and it'll tell you when your first installment is due.

Universities usually understand that Student Finance can be late for some people depending on the bank that you use and how long it takes to go into your account (it's usually on the day it says or a couple of business days after) and therefore, will give you some time but they won't take the room off you. The money will just go when it comes in - or it'll go out and leave you in your overdraft which is why it's important to make sure you have a student bank account with a student overdraft.

Has this helped?
Best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
It has, I just need to change my bank account then, thank you for the advise!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending