The Student Room Group

Never had a girlfriend at 18 years old

Is this normal or strange? as in would people laugh at me at Uni if I told them this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's very normal, but why are you so worried about what others will think? Embrace being single my friend!
It's normal , And no one will laugh at u when u go to university . If they do laugh at u they are just not nice people to be around. So if u do meet people like that don't be friends with them. I believe you will meet someone who likes you for who u are ? Good luck at university 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perfectly normal. Don't worry!! :smile:
Original post by Gnatt27
Is this normal or strange? as in would people laugh at me at Uni if I told them this?

I didn't get the point of " dating " before 18 either.
Reply 5
Just worried that I would be excluded from conversations and the like when people talk about their past girlfriends and such

Posted from TSR Mobile
Normal :smile: honestly a lot of my friends have actually told me to not have a relationship haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Okay that's reassuring thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
So normal like seriously, I know people who didn't get into a proper relationship before graduation.
Original post by Gnatt27

Being in a relationship won't heal you and being single won't kill you.

Trust me.
Original post by Gnatt27

Didn't have my first kiss until 19

I am now 22 and still a virgin

I don't care

Nobody else cares

etc
Reply 11
Are you sure no one else cares? At sixth form I was asked if I'd ever kissed a girl and when I said no they were shocked and were like patronising me by patting me on the back and saying it's ok then laughing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gnatt27
Are you sure no one else cares? At sixth form I was asked if I'd ever kissed a girl and when I said no they were shocked and were like patronising me by patting me on the back and saying it's ok then laughing

Posted from TSR Mobile

sixth form is different, everyone is a little self-absorbed ****. When I told people I was a virgin back then, they thought I was joking. Uni is different though, people genuinely do not give a single ****. And if they do, you're spending time with the wrong people
Reply 13
Okay thanks dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is perfectly normal, so no need to worry ! :smile:.

Just focus on yourself, your ambitions, your passions, friends, enjoy life, no need to be bothered by a relationship now. You have plenty of time for that.

What I would do is build your confidence up, this means talking to women, approaching them, having a conversation, having female friends will also increase your confidence, go to the gym, wear good clothes, achieve, believe in yourself, believe in your abilities, be positive, optimistic, focus in yourself.

Relax!
How many female friends do you have?

How many times have you tried to impress someone you like?

Those questions to me are more important than how many girlfriends you've had aged 18, pre-university (where chances are you'll have met a very small pool of people in your life)

And you really aren't missing out much in conversations like the ones you've described.
It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal.
Reply 17
Cheers man I guess part of the problem is I don't have any female friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same. But i am a female.
Sure I do get embarrassed by it sometimes, but it is okay. I am not the only one
Reply 19
I'm 18 and never had a relationship, and from what I can tell, I'm awful at talking to guys anyway so it might happen, it might not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending