The Student Room Group

Child VS Adult nursing for nurse practitioning-HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blackstarr
Since i don't think i want to work in the neonatal unit does it mean i won't be able to transition.

you could find a uni that does dual training, or pick a branch, adult if you want to be a practice nurse (in a GP's surgery, which personally I think is quite limiting) or any other adult nursing role, or child branch if you want to work specifically with children aged 0-18 years. To work in both fields without dual registration you would have to do another 2 year postgrad diploma which you would have to fund.
I don't know how old you are or which year you are thinking of applying in but I do think that you need to get some work experience in both branches.
Do the field you're interested in and passionate about.
Mental health and learning disabilities nurses deal with both children and adults.
I do learning disability and I can work from birth to death which is just one of the many things I love about it.
It all depends on where you want to work.
Don't focus on the whole adult will open more doors etc as it won't necessarily do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilibet01
you could find a uni that does dual training, or pick a branch, adult if you want to be a practice nurse (in a GP's surgery, which personally I think is quite limiting) or any other adult nursing role, or child branch if you want to work specifically with children aged 0-18 years. To work in both fields without dual registration you would have to do another 2 year postgrad diploma which you would have to fund.
I don't know how old you are or which year you are thinking of applying in but I do think that you need to get some work experience in both branches.

My interest really lies with children and i think i will stick with that.

And why do you think being a practice nurse in GP is limiting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending