The Student Room Group

XTim96's GCSE Journeyy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XTim96
Inspired by many other threads like this, I have decided to make my own in order to achieve my educational goals

At the moment im 15, having finished year 10 I will be going into year 11 on the 5th of September I attend a public school and although my grades at the monent are quite good I would like to better myself.I will be sitting the new spec maths and english, and good maths grades are vital as this is what my future careers/ studies will focus on

I would like in the future to have the possibility of attending Oxford or Cambridge University, or even just a RG.

At A-Level I would like to take Maths, Further Maths and Economics, however this could change

This is what I got in my latest mocks ( next to it are my targets underlined , which were basically all A's but I know I can do better)

English Literature and Language (AQA): A 8/9

Maths (Edexcel) B 7/8/9

History ( AQA) C A - Ahhh I need to improve dearly in history however for my coursework I expect an A/A*

French ( AQA) A A - However I am not a modern speaker and need to revise vocab over the summer, my coursework is equivalent to an A ( 60% of the final grade is coursework) I regret picking French

Science ( OCR ) A A* - I know I am very good at each unit, I will see my next exam result to see indivually how well I am doing with Chemistry, Biology, Physics

Religious Studies A* A* - In all tests this year I got an A or higher , sometimes full marks

Additional info :

I may take an additional statistics exam for another GCSE, also I really need to improve my French vocab and pronounciation I may test programmes like Rosetta Stone for learning a language, I know languages arent something that can be crammed for so regular revision is key in order for me to excel in this subject.

When My NIS number comes, I will try and attain a part time job but only if I am satisfied with my school progress, furthermore I hope to start going gym regularly maybe learning a new skill such as coding or java or just another basic skill. This summer Ive already revised quite a bit of maths, such as frustums, iteration and new spec stuff and also reviewed two test and corrected where I have went wrong. Additionally I have done some science B1/B2 revision.

Best of luck!x:biggrin: I did my gcse's in may, so feel free to PM me; I would love to help!:smile:

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by sunshine774
Best of luck!x:biggrin: I did my gcse's in may, so feel free to PM me; I would love to help!:smile:

Spoiler

Thanks, and yeah I'd advise making a thread for motivation during a levels
Reply 22
Really need to start doing more work,
Day 11-13
English
Got my confirmed speaking grade distinction :biggrin:
Re
Had a test on the reconcilliation unit, looked at a lot of biblical references for this unit
History
Been Reading over my notes, answered many six mark questions just need to focus on 10 markers
Maths
Looked at a bit of a level maths, also time series graphs and circle theorems
French
Studied past and future tenses and irregular verbs
Science
Done a lot of C3 work fairly simple, need to learn batch process info
Reply 23
Day 14

Maths;

Looked at some of the new specification, also completed an exam paper and looked at vectors and also proof of decimals/fractions alongside more circle theorem questions

French :

Again learned module 4 vocabulary and also looked at the past tense
Original post by XTim96
Really need to start doing more work,
Day 11-13
English
Got my confirmed speaking grade distinction :biggrin:
Re
Had a test on the reconcilliation unit, looked at a lot of biblical references for this unit
History
Been Reading over my notes, answered many six mark questions just need to focus on 10 markers
Maths
Looked at a bit of a level maths, also time series graphs and circle theorems
French
Studied past and future tenses and irregular verbs
Science
Done a lot of C3 work fairly simple, need to learn batch process info

Awesome! What topics did you look at?
Reply 25
Original post by _gcx
Awesome! What topics did you look at?

We looked at the three laws of logs, and also a bit overlapping subjects in GCSE/ A levle Maths , quite enjoyable and useful to be honest, just to get a taster for what one of my likely future subjects at a levels may be like :biggrin:
Original post by XTim96
We looked at the three laws of logs, and also a bit overlapping subjects in GCSE/ A levle Maths , quite enjoyable and useful to be honest, just to get a taster for what one of my likely future subjects at a levels may be like :biggrin:

Nice! :biggrin: I also plan to take Maths [and Further Maths] to A-level.
Reply 27
Havent posted in a while due to being really busy and having a lack of energy to do so.
Instead of updating the dates I will just list the different topics I have revised when I post onto this thread

French

Looked extensively over vocab for shopping, food and clothing and also travelling. I have also briefly looked at more adverbs and need to be adding more/alternating the connectives I use.

Science

Went through the whole of the C3 module and answered a lot of questions from my textbook, had an exam and I believe it went quite well
The unit is very easy in my opinion and quite simple to understand and apply knowledge, - Should I star making note cards , is it helpful ?- Or is using a textbook/guide fine?

Maths

Looked at a bit of iteration and also the capture and recapture method, had an exam recently but dont think it went that well but atleast Ive got ataster of new spec exams and will be able to improve.

History

Recently read over Agadir,Bosnian and both Moroccan crises and practiced my 10 mark question skills I definitely think Ill be able to do really well at the end of the academic year.
Reply 28
Maths
:
Completed both a nanon-calculator and calculator paper awaiting results also done a bit on iteration

French
: Looked over etre and avoir , future/past tense and module 4 vocab
Looked at memrise for a few hours

English
Done A lot of Jekyll and Hyde work

:
Looked over gothic genre, how it is relatable from the text gothic elements within the text
Analysed how the supernatural is conveyed in the book
Answered a essay style wuestion, looking at how Stevenson presents Hyde in the novella

Quick Reply

Latest