The Student Room Group

If I'm predicted AAA can I get an A*AA offer?

So i got AABC at AS and I'm carrying on the AAB and I'm remarking the B so it will go up to an A, but I've been predicted AAA and the university i want to go to is LSE and has an A*AA entry, can i still get an offer?
if a university like LSE says they want A*AA they want A*AA. you could apply as a risky choice or you could apply for an AAA course at LSE.
Reply 2
Guess I'll just have to persuade my teacher to give me an A* prediction :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
Guess I'll just have to persuade my teacher to give me an A* prediction :biggrin:

what course is it?
Reply 4
Law LLB
Reply 5
I wouldn't risk it with law tbh.
Original post by BR1999
So i got AABC at AS and I'm carrying on the AAB and I'm remarking the B so it will go up to an A, but I've been predicted AAA and the university i want to go to is LSE and has an A*AA entry, can i still get an offer?

Do it. You have four other options, plus UCAS extra.
Reply 7
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Do it. You have four other options, plus UCAS extra.

Yes, 3 of my other options want BBB and another wants AAA i was just going to do that as a high risk choice.
Reply 8
Original post by BR1999

you can always try, but also make sure you explain your position with the remark, if needed have your tutor include it on her reference. To be blunt I would also advise you that there are a obscenely high amount of applications to LSE, it has one of the most competitive admissions department in the world, therefore don't get to fixated on going there.
Original post by BR1999
Law LLB

politics/ir is AAA
statistics is AAA (if you like maths)
they have quite afew AAA courses.
Original post by BR1999
Yes, 3 of my other options want BBB and another wants AAA i was just going to do that as a gh risk choice.

Might as well do it.

Oxford's law course is AAA. Have you considered that? (Great if you have a good GCSE profile).
Reply 11
Thank you! I think i might have a look at politics :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Might as well do it.

Oxford's law course is AAA. Have you considered that? (Great if you have a good GCSE profile).

I was thinking about it, but the only thing putting me off is the LNAT :biggrin:
Reply 13
Always gotta take one risk with your UCAS! Or else it ain't worth it, you never know although I'd like to remind you you're not guaranteed an A from your remark and you'd need your teacher to give you that A* prediction but do remember it's not completely feasible since you know you're pushing it so keep those AAA and BBB offers on board and take the risk with realistic expectations, academic credentials are just part one of applying to LSE and most applicants have it as their lowest priority. Hope I've motivated you a little but also kept it realistic

Quick Reply

Latest