The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

okay with my results i just hoped english and german would be better
Results:
maths: predicted B/ my prediction B or C/achieved B
english lit: predicted A/ my prediction A/ achieved B (thinking of a remark)
english lang: predicted A/ my prediction A/ achieved B (thinking of a remark)
biology: predicted B/ my prediction B/ achived A
chemistry: predicted B/ my prediction A/ achieved A
physics: predicted B/ my prediction B or C/ achieved A!!!!!
drama: predicted A/ my prediction B/ achieved B (my performance group literally brought me down from an A to a B)
sociology: predicted A/ my prediction A or A*/ achieved A (thinking of a remark since i'm only 4 marks off)
r.e: predicted A/ my prediction A or B/ achieved A* (literally never thought that would happen in a million years)
german: predicted B/ my prediction A*/ achieved A (teacher said my writings were both a*'s but got b's so something has gone wrong there)
stats (from last year): predicted B/ my prediction B/ achieved A

Future
doing chemistry, biology, german and sociology next year at sixth form
I got 9A*'s and an A!! I'm so happy!

A*- Maths, bio, chem, physics, english lit, english lang, geography, psychology and RS
A- Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 202
I got 10 A*s 1 A*with distinction and 1 A. :biggrin:

A*s- Maths, Eng lit, Bio, Chem, Physics, German, Geo, History, Latin, Religious Studies
A* with distinction- Further Maths
A- Eng Language

I thought Eng Lang and Lit would be the other way round but oh well I'm still happy.
Reply 203
A* - English Literature
A - Mathematics
A - French
A - Business
A - Philosophy and Ethics
A - ICT
B - English Language
B - Geography
B - Triple Science
B - PE
B - Spanish
Original post by caitlinford3
Thank you lovely! How did you get on? And how did you do in that French listening paper?

I got 2 A*s 8 As and 1 B so I'm very shocked and happy! May get the B remarked as it's English Language :frown:

I got an A in the listening!! And 43/45 for the reading so it all worked out and I got an A* overall!
A*- English Language
A*- English Literature
A*- R.S
A- Maths
A- Business Studies
A- Chemistry
A- Physics
A- Food and Nutrition
A- Spanish
B- Biology
B- Computing

3 A*s, 6As, 2Bs.

Bit annoyed about biology but I can't complain as the only thing I revised for was maths.:redface:
Congratulations to everyone on their results!:h:
Original post by romansholiday
I got 2 A*s 8 As and 1 B so I'm very shocked and happy! May get the B remarked as it's English Language :frown:

I got an A in the listening!! And 43/45 for the reading so it all worked out and I got an A* overall!

Bloody hell well done! I got full marks in reading no idea how :biggrin:
Original post by caitlinford3
Bloody hell well done! I got full marks in reading no idea how :biggrin:

Did you get an A* overall then? I don't remember a word of French LOL :biggrin:

Congrats on the full marks!
I got
Eng Lang A*
Eng Lit A*
Maths A*
Chinese A*
Spanish A*
History A*
Geography A*
RS A*
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Physics A*

FSMQ A (there's no A*)

I'm so pleased!!
(Edexcel History A) A*
(Edexcel IGCSE Biology) A*
(Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry) A
(Edexcel IGCSE Physics) A*
(Edexcel IGCSE Maths) A
(Edexcel IGCSE French) A*
(OCR Business Studies) A*
(AQA Higher English Language) A*
(AQA Higher English Literature) A*
(AQA Geography A) A*
(AQA Religious Studies B) A*

Overall: 9 A*s 2 A s

I am extremely happy with these results considering my lack of revision; however I worked solidly for three years and listened in class. Also, I came out of nearly every exam thinking it could have gone better - so these results were a complete shock. Literally got down on the floor and checked them. Also got 100% UMS in geography and English Lit!

Well done to everyone on TSR!
Congratulations everyone, lots of great results, I hope you're pleased with them. :smile:
I got 15 A * an A in FMSQ and a pass in algebra level 3 (87/90)
Well done everyone
Original post by romansholiday
Did you get an A* overall then? I don't remember a word of French LOL :biggrin:

Congrats on the full marks!

Yeah :smile:
I got 9 A*'s (Maths, English language & literature, biology, physics, chemistry, RS, german, classical civilisation) and 1 A (History) but I was only a few marks off the A* so I'm getting a remark for that.. I'm so happy though!
Very happy with my results :smile: ! I got 6 A*s 4 As and an A^ ( grade above A* )

A^ - further maths

A* - maths , chemistry , biology , physics , religious studies , history

A - english language, english literature , french , media studies

Got the best in my year !

Well done everybody!
First time posting here, thought it would be the ideal time to shout about what was (kinda) indelibly glaring out at me this morning.

English Literature (did last year): predicted A or A* / achieved B

English Language: A (thought I might get A*) / A

Maths: B / B (ironic that me moving down a set lifted my predicted grade from a C)

Core Science (did last year): A / B

Additional Science: A / B(in both Sciences, Biology: A* / B, Chemistry: A / A, Physics: B / C)

Geography: A / A (Paper 1: A / B, Paper 2: A / A*, Coursework: B / A)

ICT: A / B (Exam: A* / A*, Coursework: B / C)

Spanish: B / A (Units respectively: B, A, A, A*)

RE: A / A (P1: A / B, P2: A / A)

Travel and Tourism: Distinction*

Comments and reactions

First off, it was quite coincidental I got the same grades in both Sciences one year after the next!

Looking at my ICT UMS mark, I was 2 off an A. Should I apply for a remark, and if so, in the exam, coursework (2 off a B, which I'm surprised at in the first place as I'm sure my teacher told me it was on the A/B boundary), or both? Furthermore, t'was also close to getting into the higher grade boundary (a couple of marks off) in each RE exam, but the overall UMS mark was nowhere near. Talking about UMS marks, having consulted the AQA UMS mark document, I got the maximum in Human Geography (150), which I am completely surprised by - albeit pleasantly! Also, my exam result sheet said a "2*" for Travel and Tourism; I'm presuming that's a L2 D*?

It is deflating seeing others with higher grades (those replete with A*s), since I've only got the BTEC equivalent of one A*, but I'm pleased with what I've got (or 'content' may be more accurate). My fault; I was too complacent with revision.

Future ambition
Doing Geography, ICT and Psychology at A Level. No idea what after that, but I've always had a passion for creative writing, so I'd love to explore that.

(Sorry for the long post!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Okay, so:
Art: B, as predicted
Geography: B, 2 GRADES ABOVE PREDICTED! :biggrin:
English Lit: A
English Lang: A
French: A miraculously (the exam was ridiculously hard)
Chemistry: A (1 mark off an A*, damnit)
Physics: A
Further Maths: A
Biology: A*
Maths: A*
Latin: A*

And finally... RS, which I got an A* in - somehow, I managed to get 100% on both papers which means I didn't get a single thing wrong. I have NO IDEA how, but I am not complaining!

After thinking I might only just grab a place in college, I am now absolutely over the moon and happy that most of my friends feel the same. Congratulations to everyone, as no matter what you got you worked hard for it and that counts for a lot :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
English language: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
English literature: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Biology: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Chemistry: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Physics: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Philosophy +RE: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Geography: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Spanish: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Media Studies: Predicted A*/ Achieved A*
Further maths: Predicted A*/ Achieved A^
AS level Italian: Predicted ?/ Achieved B

Comments and reactions
Really happy, overall I got 10A*s, 1A^ in further maths, and a B in AS level Italian. Got highest results in my school, really pleased with Italian because I took it outside of school a year early, I spoke no Italian at all nine months ago and I've done the A level on only one hour of lessons a week, so I was expected a U or at best an E. Really happy!

Future ambitions
Going to college now to do A levels in Spanish, Maths, Further maths, and Geography, and am taking A level Italian a year early next year. Have got my second language now, so I want to do a degree in Spanish, Arabic and Italian in Warwick University, before doing a masters in either translation or forensic linguistics. I then plan to become a translator and/ or forensic linguist, travelling around a bit teaching English as a foreign language, and publishing my own novels. So pleased.
Maths - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
English Language - A*
R.S - A*
Graphic Products - A*
Geography - A*
Latin Language - A*
Latin Literature - A*
Music - A* (taken in year 10)
English Literature - A (taken in year 10)

Overall: 11A*s 1A

Comments: Overall I'm extremely happy with my results, I was not expecting them. I was jumping and screaming like a maniac for 10 minutes

Future Ambitions: I'm aiming to study medicine at Oxford, wishing for the best

Latest