The Student Room Group

Crazy remark stories??

I'm recently getting my A level Chemistry OCR A paper 2 remarked as I was 2 marks from an A. I just wanted to hear some crazy remark stories really.

Scroll to see replies

I know someone whose Geography paper was remarked from a D to an A*.
Reply 2
Original post by Plagioclase
I know someone whose Geography paper was remarked from a D to an A*.

Thats actually mad. How can somebody mark a paper so wrong??
Original post by APersonYo
Thats actually mad. How can somebody mark a paper so wrong??

Not sure but it triggered a bulk remark of the entire class.
Reply 4
Original post by Plagioclase
Not sure but it triggered a bulk remark of the entire class.

That wouldn't have surprised me honestly. What caused this guy to not accept the D??
In my 6th form the horror story of grades actually going down by a lot happened with the English AS papers. 3 people remarked their English papers as they originally had a B grade and one girl's moved down to a D and the other an E and another to a C
That wouldn't have surprised me honestly. What caused this guy to not accept the D??

Because they were predicted much, much higher I think.
Reply 7
It's GCSE but I got my English language remarked cause it came out as an E. Knew it was wrong. My coursework was A* and all my time assessments etc were A/A* the exam came back as an A, for an A overall. My whole class was remarked after
Reply 8
Original post by Goaded
It's GCSE but I got my English language remarked cause it came out as an E. Knew it was wrong. My coursework was A* and all my time assessments etc were A/A* the exam came back as an A, for an A overall. My whole class was remarked after

Yeah... I had something weird like that happen to me. All my coursework was A* and my English Language paper was a B. I never bothered to remark though. Weird though... apparently in my English Language paper I only got 50 percent right?
Reply 9
Original post by Pinkberry_y
In my 6th form the horror story of grades actually going down by a lot happened with the English AS papers. 3 people remarked their English papers as they originally had a B grade and one girl's moved down to a D and the other an E and another to a C

Oh my, thats actually scary. We had this examiner in drama who came in and failed the whole class. I was very lucky to not be picked for moderation otherwise I would have got a U in Drama lol.
In GCSE my Ethics paper got remarked from a C to a A* along with most of my years papers.
Reply 11
Yeah... I had something weird like that happen to me. All my coursework was A* and my English Language paper was a B. I never bothered to remark though. Weird though... apparently in my English Language paper I only got 50 percent right?

I had to remark as my parents were livid :/ they took away my phone, laptop etc. Plus it dragged my grade down so much!

Damn were they sorry when the remark came back and my dad had been just awful to me.
Reply 12
Original post by Goaded
I had to remark as my parents were livid :/ they took away my phone, laptop etc. Plus it dragged my grade down so much!

Damn were they sorry when the remark came back and my dad had been just awful to me.

Im so sorry, thats actually horrible :frown:
Not really crazy but last year I had a German speaking paper go up by 5 UMS pushing my overall grade up to an A, and a C3 paper go down by 4 UMS. This year my class are having a bulk remark of Physics unit 4 because most of us got U grades on it. In my case the anomaly brought my overall grade down to a C and now I've lost my firm and insurance, and I've had to change course because even in clearing no uni would let me study physics with a C at A level
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by smartsy
Not really crazy but last year I had a German speaking paper go up by 5 UMS pushing my overall grade up to an A, and a C3 paper go down by 4 UMS. This year my class are having a bulk remark of Physics unit 4 because most of us got U grades on it. In my case the anomaly brought my overall grade down to a C and now I've lost my firm and insurance, and I've had to change course because even in clearing no uni would let me study physics with a C at A level

Maybe go for a foundation year first ? Alot of good universities are offering full course but with extra foundation year
Reply 15
I was missing 6 marks in my Core Science paper. Even though it's not as crazy as some of the above, it did change my grade. Also don't you guys feel that the examiners should be held responsible and perhaps disciplined for missing so many marks?
Exam markers are so terrible.
Reply 17
I'm holding out for a chemistry remark. Fingers crossed it goes up by a lot. Otherwise I can only laugh at how bad I done when I thought it went so well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Exam markers are so terrible.

agreed, they literally have teenager's futures in their hands, I understand that they have loads of papers to mark but mismarking by a grade or more is a disgrace :angry:
Reply 19
Original post by DylanJ42
agreed, they literally have teenager's futures in their hands, I understand that they have loads of papers to mark but mismarking by a grade or more is a disgrace :angry:

If everyone received their scripts back I think things would improve

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest