Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I'm bisexual but my boyfriend would break up with me

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

>OP, I think that you will find that, if honest, most women could be considered bisexual. This has been scientifically written about. Most women (I'll not speak for all because I don't want a backlash here) can find another woman sexually attractive. They can appreciate a sexy or fit body and consider another female 'hot'. They can even feel aroused by this. The question comes into whether or not one wants to act upon those feelings. The girls I've talked to have all admitted this (which in full disclosure has only been about 5) but none of them had the actual desire to touch or be touched, or have sex, with another woman. You can certainly do with your feelings and desires what you want, and unless you're married neither your boyfriend nor anyone else gets a vote. It might change the dynamic of your relationship with your boyfriend though and that is a reality you'd have to face. He does get a say in the type of relationship that works for him to be in....just as you get a say in what works for you. Just know that what you're feeling is normal among females and doesn't necessarily make you bi unless the actual act is what you want to do. If you don't feel like you want to act upon your thoughts then they are just that....thoughts....that you can keep to yourself if you choose. Good Luck.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    This doesn't really make sense... Considering I've had these feelings long before I ever met him? It's not like I'm suddenly unhappy with him and thinking about going to women instead, or suddenly deciding that I'm bisexual just for fun. I 'feel the need to explore and even acknowledge any bisexuality' in me, because that's who I am and I feel the need to explore and acknowledge myself? Why wouldn't I want to know more about who I am and how I feel.
    Furthermore, I wouldn't be 'stirring' anything, I would just be realising myself and realising my sexuality, I'm not just making it up for fun to make him feel uncomfortable. Moreover, your last sentence doesn't make sense because being bisexual just means one is interested in both sexes, and being heterosexual means one is interested in the opposite sex. You wouldn't be worried if your partner announced they're heterosexual and start assuming they're checking out every single other person of your sex? Being bisexual =/= Cheater

Overall I found your comment unhelpful and it didn't make much sense.
    You haven't made clear what your goal is here. I never suggested that being bisexual means you want to cheat on him, but you claim you want to explore bisexuality and 'realise' yourself and your sexuality while being in a heterosexual relationship. How do you expect to do this?

Don't you think someone, let's say a male in this example, in a heterosexual relationship (or homosexual for that matter, if you change the genders) would find it odd if their female partner came home one day and said "Hi, honey I'm home. By the way, I think I'm also attracted to girls and I want to explore this bisexuality."

There is no such thing as a bisexual relationship. You are either in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, heterosexual, or someone of the same sex, homosexual. Seuxality is merely the road you take to get to that relationship.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.