The Student Room Group

Realistic A level ambitions??

Got AS results back this week, as everyone did. Got BBC in the subjects I want to take into next year, and was just wondering whether from other people's experiences, it is still possible to come out with A*AA-AAA grades next year?
Also, if the course I am applying to asks for these grades, is there still a chance they will give me the offer?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Also just to add, only one of the subjects is a 2 year course, and I got a B in that.
(edited 7 years ago)
in terms of you achieving the grades, its up to your own hard work - doing past papers, learning ahead, etc but it is more unlikely you will be given an offer for A*AA/AAA with only BBC at AS :frown:(
Reply 2
Thanks for replying:smile:
Is this because of the grades themselves? Or because of the predicted grades that will most probably be lower than the required grades?
I think you still stand a chance as AS levels this year aren't viewed the same due to the new linear system. Are your AS levels linear or old style? Plus I got a C in one this year and my teacher knows that's not a reflection of my ability so is predicting me an A* so maybe have a discussion with your teachers?
Reply 4
2 of the 3 courses have coursework. I think our predictions are done by our head of year for some reason and not by our individual subject teachers, and he said before the end of last year that his predictions were 'non-negotiable'. Don't know how literally I should take that...

Quick Reply

Latest