Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Re: Guardian: 'We are Europeans. Brexit will make us face up to it'

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    The flag is enforced on profiles on European forums. The propaganda is in schools. It has a creepy, utopian expansionism inherent. The EU is loved by the 'global governance' brigade.
    What a load of nonsense. Nothing is 'enforced' or 'propaganda'. If a country is a member of the EU it should proudly display its only symbol, the flag.

Please elaborate on that expansionism that you constantly blather about. Do you have any idea what hoops countries have to jump through to become an EU member? I'd say you are the only creep here... And what is utopian about it? It works! It's only the Brits who constantly moan and ***** about it, making themselves the laughing stock of Europe.

You ever heard of the Lisbon treaty and Irish and French referendums?

I don't care what deal we'll get, the EU is breaking up and it's only 15% of the global economy.
    Oh, you WILL get a *****y deal. The EU is not breaking up, what are you even talking about? Now that the ideological cancer that was Britain has removed itself, it can thrive even more.

The EU's share is actually 16.5% - and it was by far the UK's biggest trading partner, so you're pretty much screwed now.

I didn't mention the US as I recall-they are pretty ****ed,
    Oh really? The world's biggest economy, which has been growing steadily for some while now? And who won't touch you now, having seen how you honor pr previous agreements with partners? Just goes to show the actual economic knowledge of Brexiters; you, my friend, know absolutely nothing.

We have China, India, Singapore, Africa, the world out there.
    Oh my, you are such a joke. You think China will touch you? You think you can sustain your laughable economy with the rest? So naive. Back to ECON101.

A minority like 52%? You going to call them all racist right?
    52% of Europeans backed Brexit? Care to back up that number? Oh, you saw it in the Daily Mail? Of course. You got nothing, as usual, just hot air. Typical Leave voter. Uneducated, uninformed, populist.

Just like no-one wants to vote for Trump or Corbyn...establishment is shaking....
    Corbyn is a good guy with good ideas (and was firmly against Brexit), but if you call him anti-establishment you know even less about politics than your drivel in this thread indicates.
    Trump is a xenophobic nationalist like you, I am surprised you didn't bring him up earlier!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.