The Student Room Group

Yout first ever video game

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XOR_
I concur.

loving the guts DP btw
First games played - Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat on the SNES
First games owned - Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land II on Gameboy. After that it was Mario Kart on N64 in terms of proper consoles.
Reply 42
I guess arcade machines doesnt count so, Double Dragon, spectrum ..😂😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I think my first game was a Tomb Raider game on my GameBoy, i can't remember the exact name of it though. 12/13 years later and Rise of the Tomb Raider is my absolute favourite game :smile:
Golden Axe or Sonic on the Mega Drive...bloody loved those games
Original post by Zerforax
First games played - Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat on the SNES
First games owned - Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land II on Gameboy. After that it was Mario Kart on N64 in terms of proper consoles.

Mortal Kombat on the SNES? I can't believe it. Have played so many games on this console, but never Mortal Kombat. Would love to play, yeah even to won it, but for SNEs it is quite expensive, isn't it? *
Original post by Kallisto
Mortal Kombat on the SNES? I can't believe it. Have played so many games on this console, but never Mortal Kombat. Would love to play, yeah even to won it, but for SNEs it is quite expensive, isn't it? *

I think that copy of Mortal Kombat got lost (was my uncle's SNES) but I managed to get a copy for the Sega Megadrive.

Yea older games can be quite expensive now. I picked up a copy of Zelda: A link to the past for the SNES a few months ago and it was like £30 for a USA version (PAL versions can be £50+) :eek:
Original post by Zerforax
I think that copy of Mortal Kombat got lost (was my uncle's SNES) but I managed to get a copy for the Sega Megadrive.

Yea older games can be quite expensive now. I picked up a copy of Zelda: A link to the past for the SNES a few months ago and it was like £30 for a USA version (PAL versions can be £50+) :eek:

Original old games are even more expensive. Just think about the Mega Man (X) series. Holy moly! that is a huge amount of money! mortal combat in comparison to those are a bargain, but expensive enough to think about buying twice at least.
This is football 2 iirc. That or treasure planet the movie video game.
Original post by Paulwyn
Golden Axe or Sonic on the Mega Drive...bloody loved those games

The first named game is an arcade one, right? can remember me that friends of mine played it. Have played Sonic too, but many years later as emulator. It is addictive nonetheless.*
Original post by sharkbate633
Not sure if something like this has already been posted but what was the very first Video game that you ever played. My very first video game that I ever played was either TMNT or Super Mario for the NES

Repton on the bbc. Don't ask! lol
[video="youtube;bNRlnNIOXwk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNRlnNIOXwk[/video]
Probably nintendogs. :biggrin: I also loved animal crossing and Pokemon but I think nintendogs was first.

Also Mario kart was amazing but that was a few years later. I always used to search for cheats to unlock new characters. :tongue:
Little Fighter 2
Pokémon SoulSilver
Original post by Kallisto
The first named game is an arcade one, right? can remember me that friends of mine played it. Have played Sonic too, but many years later as emulator. It is addictive nonetheless.*

Aye it was but I only played it on the 16bit goodness of my old Mega Drive, that and streets of rage took up a lot of my childhood...also both had amazing soundtracks
Original post by Paulwyn
Aye it was but I only played it on the 16bit goodness of my old Mega Drive, that and streets of rage took up a lot of my childhood...also both had amazing soundtracks

Streets of rage looks familiar to me. If the soundtracks are so nice - had not listen to them so far - I will take a closer look at these arcade games soon.*
This:

Also it should be noted that this game came out in 2005, and I was about 6 when I first got it.

Damn, I'm old.
Star Fox on Nintendo 65.
Halo 3
I'd say snake on the phone, but I wouldn't count it.

Other than that, it's Halo 3.

Quick Reply

Latest