Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student finance won't pay tuition fee loan

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

    Your first port of call should be the student union advisers. They will have dealt with this situation before and know the relevant regulations at your uni.

    In very a very simple answer - yes you can. I did it myself for my first year starting at another uni after 2 years into my previous course because SFE refused to pay all my years.

    For self funding students, most unis have their own deadline (that is often in installments thay tally with SFE loan payments) that is a month after enrolement in September.
    If you look closely, even when SFE fund you they pay your uni in installments too.

    Best thing to do is contact the finance department of your uni and see if they will be ok if it it a few days late just incase your loan comes through late.

    Don't be put off doing it. It's hard work to save that cash and look after yourself but it is 1000% doable.
    Just double check SFE will either fund your third year or still give you that maintenance loan and you are ready to do the same for the next year.

    Really good luck to you!*
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.